Esteemed Contributor

Re: SLATKIN CANDLES ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

As for his labels, I soak them off. The jars are gorgeous and I use them to hold items in my bath, bedroom and vanity.

----------------

But do you soak the jar before you are using the candle??  Really want to know...I might buy some then. I don't like the look of a big label on a piece of decor. 

After candle is gone, am sure the jar can sit in liquid. I have "soaked" labels on other candle jars and

often ended up having to use a scrubber.  As you can imagine...what a fail!  

Have never tried to soak Harry's; haven't bought any Harry candles for several years. Just seems it would take care of the issue if the label was placed on the bottom...

Honored Contributor

I'll probably regret not ordering but I'm focusing on downsizing.

Honored Contributor

His candles have a very strong cold throw, I have yet to light his candles.I bought the holiday set this year. I will donate the candles I bought last year, they have never been lit and smell almost as strong as they did when I opened them last Fall.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@winamac1  With the TSV free shipping, these come out to about $16. each. 

Hi njgirl.  With tax, they are close to $18.  $17.83 each!

@Catch71

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Me again. Just wanted to give a comment on the current HomeWorx three wick candle I'm burning right this minute. It is the Pineapple Mousse. I've been burning it every evening around this time of day for the last four or five days. I don't smell nothin! On the other hand, a Vanilla flavored HomeWorx candle I burned earlier in the year was SUPER! There was even one evening I went out on my deck and I could still smell it out there. But it wasn't too strong in the house, either. Sooooo, I think it truly is hit or miss. 

But, to be fair, I've also had the same experience with Bath and Body Works candles. The fall and winter scents are luscious and maybe even a bit strong. But many of the summer type scents are wimpy and not worth the money in my mind. I just burned a B&BW Limoncella scent candle and it was worthless...never smelled a darn thing! 

One last comment and I'm done. I listened carefully today to Harry about how to burn his candles. I'll admit I'm a bit of a wick trimmer. With Harry's candles I will not be doing that again. "Put the candle wick trimmer BACK!" Hope there are some of you out there who are fans of the movie Young Frankenstein! Woman LOL        

Respected Contributor

Candles bother my husbands sinuses. I tried his melts and they were not very good at all. Sent them back.

Honored Contributor

I bought both the Harvest and Holiday sets.   I didnt care for the Auto Delivery scents.....

I was pleased with the set of two 3 wick candles and scents I bought last year.  They are also larger than the BBW candles.  Homeworx has no problem with drowining wicks and uneven burning or soot.  I think the BBW quality has gone down a bit since Harry left BBW........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I prefer Yankee Candle or BBW candles. I can smell them in the store and there is no s/h added or 10 days of waiting.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Re: SLATKIN CANDLES ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 Of course, the good ole tax; you pay that almost everywhere now days! 

I do not even consider that part of the price anymore as I pay it in every store in Nj I go into!  Now I do love when they offer free shipping.  That is often the thing that seals the deal.  I know, it is probably built into the price  - right?!   You are right though about being able to smell them before purchasing.  You always take a chance of not liking the scent when you buy online.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@winamac1  With the TSV free shipping, these come out to about $16. each. 

that is a good price.  comparable to BBW

where their candles are a bit lackluster and all smell the same to me recently.

I was also intrigued by the lemon candle,as it's so hard to find a good lemon scent