Respected Contributor

My problem is I love, love, love his candle holders for these large candles. I have the silver ones already that are the bamboo and bird nest look. Missed out last year on some pretty ones he had that had pine cones and some other designs. Today I went nuts and ordered all three of the Christmas ones. NUTS, I know!!! Problem is I've had some real hits and misses with his candles. Some had great scent, some not so much. I have a lot of B&BW three wick candles I need to burn but they look dumb (too small) on his pretty candle holders. I put a candle ring around one of them to take up the extra space but it still did not look the best. Anybody out there with a fab idea for me on this? FWIW, this is one of the silver holders (bamboo) I have:   

No Image Found

Thanks for any thoughts!

Respected Contributor

Ordered a set from him last yr....3 small pumpkins....horrible scents...I won't be buying any of his candles after that experience.  I can go to store and pick out exactly what I like and get great sales with no shipping.  

I did order the pedestal that is new....the pastel color ornament style...but that's it for me from his line.

Respected Contributor

When I first bought his candles a few years ago on Q, I loved them.

I was disappointed with the more recent ones, plus they're smaller but not any less expensive.   I won't be ordering from his line any time soon again.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

@corita Yes Walmart wax melts are wonderful. Melting "Zen" right now.

I think all the collections look lovely, but I would feel a little guilty spending that on a non gift.  I know that sounds silly, but when it comes to stuff I buy for me, I,m always looking to cut costs by a little.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

... I have a lot of B&BW three wick candles I need to burn but they look dumb (too small) on his pretty candle holders. I put a candle ring around one of them to take up the extra space but it still did not look the best. Anybody out there with a fab idea for me on this? FWIW, this is one of the silver holders (bamboo) I have:   

No Image Found

Thanks for any thoughts!

@pupwhipped, maybe you could surround the candle with a layer of small glass stones. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased last year’s set. While I was burning one I got a massive headache. I’m not positive it was the candle but for a few hours my head was pounding and I felt I was going to throw up. Never had that reaction with other candles or scents. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: SLATKIN CANDLES ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@ Montana wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

... I have a lot of B&BW three wick candles I need to burn but they look dumb (too small) on his pretty candle holders. I put a candle ring around one of them to take up the extra space but it still did not look the best. Anybody out there with a fab idea for me on this? FWIW, this is one of the silver holders (bamboo) I have:   

No Image Found

Thanks for any thoughts!

@pupwhipped, maybe you could surround the candle with a layer of small glass stones. 

@ Montana, OMG, that is a perfect idea!!! And I already have a ton of glass stones in all kinds of colors. Why couldn't I think of that?! Thank you, thank you, thank YOU! 

P.S. And now I don't feel quite as guilty for buying all three of the Christmas bases. Ha!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have bought his candles in the past....many years ago!  I don't like his labels front and center on the candle containers -it detracts from the candle holder. He could put the labels on the bottom of the jar.  And I want simpler, less combos of scents....so am passing!  I mostly use candle melts now and find some really nice scents at WalMart!

I just orderded two sets and I am going to have to do something with those

labels ....maybe I will run across a label in gold or silver I can put over it ....

Something ....

Esteemed Contributor

I bought his blueberry and apple candle tvs - and really like them,  But, I had only purchased them 'cause the ones I was gonna order from an animal rescue site had run out - their candles go in a heartbeat!

So, I'm trying not to buy the tsv - would like both! - 'cause the other candles are also excellent and I'd rather help animals get rescued, medical care, food, etc.  So, I'm freaking out 'cause I really want Harry's.  I must be strong!  Don't think I'll watch any of his shows - already caught parts of his presentation with David and it sounds like a really nice tsv.

Those who get them - ENJOY!  The scents sound fantastic and very unique.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SLATKIN CANDLES ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie wrote:

@corita wrote:

I have bought his candles in the past....many years ago!  I don't like his labels front and center on the candle containers -it detracts from the candle holder. He could put the labels on the bottom of the jar.  And I want simpler, less combos of scents....so am passing!  I mostly use candle melts now and find some really nice scents at WalMart!

I just orderded two sets and I am going to have to do something with those

labels ....maybe I will run across a label in gold or silver I can put over it ....

Something ....

------------

Let me know what you use!!! LOL!!!   I have never liked visible labels on any item. I don't care whether the item is a Slatkin, or a Basso, or a Channel product. Having a name label on something is not a big deal to me.

Harry's containers are nice, the label really takes away from the 'attractiveness'. Yes, I can turn the jar around and put the label in the back, but I put my candles in the middle of a table or island!!  What I have done in past is purchase another container to put the candle in....kind of defeats the purpose of a pretty candle jar and adds expense!