Respected Contributor

Has anyone gotten deals from them when their  bill for renewal came and it was way higher than last years.  I refuse to pay double what we paid this past year. 

(This year we paid $110 and now they want $228.)  

We've heard they'll come through and offer lower rates when you don't renew but so far we've heard nothing from them.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak

Try a retention person and negotiate a lower bill. 

Honored Contributor

The "retention" dept is also the place to go when negotiating a cable bill.  Those folks will jump through hoops to keep a customer/client.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: SIRIUS RADIO

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Tyak

We did and he wouldn't budge on the price.  I wonder if it would do any good to try again.  We just assumed we'd hear from them after that but nothing so far.

Honored Contributor

Yes they do over & over & over again & again & again. LOL!!!

Just wait you will keep getting them. Bought my car in 2013 they are still sending deals. I don't need it.

Don't renew it. Let it expire or cancel it if you have to so you can get a good deal.

All these deals came in after we cancelled service.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Try try again, you will succeed.

Frequent Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Tyak

We did and he wouldn't budge on the price.  I wonder if it would do any good to try again.  We just assumed we'd hear from them after that but nothing so far.

We have had Sirius for 7 years on both of our cars.  We have never paid the billed price of over $200.  We always get them down to $110-$112.  The majority of the time, the first person we talk to gives us the lower price.  But once they wouldn't budge and we said we wanted to cancel.  We were transferred to the 'cancellation department' and that person quickly gave us the lower rate. 

I would definitely call again.  It seems to vary as to how much we need to go back and forth with them depending on the person we are talking to.  Most of the time, we just say we won't pay the high price and they immediately lower it.  But sometimes it takes longer to finalize the deal.  But under no circumstances pay the price of over $200.  

Honored Contributor

@Tyak

I googled Sirius radio existing customer deals August 2018 and offers and information was found.

An article I read said to hold out with the customer retention person as the price will drop the longer you wait and negotiate with them.

Honored Contributor

I am in my first year, but I paid $99 for a year (car only).

I will start looking for deals in March when it's time to renew.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I actually just got a call from them yesterday to renew my 6 month subscription for our new car.  I simply asked them if that was the best they could do. I got 6 more months for $50.  She then told me the price would be $159 in February. I said “well I will not every pay that amount” and she said to call back early February to get lower deal. I marked it on my calendar to do just that.