Respected Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Showme, I would be homeless if not for my Son...my 1992 truck finally died, DS said "Mom,you have done so much for me, I want you to have a nice truck"...we go fishing and kayaking and other outdoor activities that require a truck...lol, I am five foot two, it's a bit of a challenge to get up there but I love it!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Showme, I would be homeless if not for my Son...my 1992 truck finally died, DS said "Mom,you have done so much for me, I want you to have a nice truck"...we go fishing and kayaking and other outdoor activities that require a truck...lol, I am five foot two, it's a bit of a challenge to get up there but I love it!

Oh cali, I am so happy for you.....you do have a wonderful son.  Remember when we talked about your moving out of your home and not knowing where you would go, and yes that seems like ages ago......this has really been a blessing for both of you.  Boy, you and I go a way back.....

Hey, I'm shrinking in my old age.  I am now a lot shorter than I used to be, and am now weighing less than I have for a long time.  Am battling the weight problem daily.  Thank goodness for that BOOST.  

Honored Contributor

Hump DaaaaaAY!!!!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 Nice haul, woman!!!!!  You deserve it!  Where's the gun rack?....ha!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56, you DESERVE a nice truck! Your DS is so sweet. You raised him right! ❤️

@ShowMe, well, we got a lot more snow than they forecasted. I just got done shoveling my corner lot, my neighbors sidewalk and driveway and dug my car out since it was parked on the street. I am exhausted. 

@MickD, how warm is it there again?

Honored Contributor

@MickD, we got tickets for “The Sound of Music” at the performing arts center on Thursday, February 15th. Can’t wait!☺️☺️☺️

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Oh how awesome!  I love that musical!  

As an aside - when I lived in Chicago, I took my mom to see Victor Victoria with Julie Andrews.  Her hubs directed.  It was really awesome!  So glad I got to see her perform before her voice troubles.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate do you really wanna know how nice it is????  Blue sky, sunny and 70.  Got the back door open.

Honored Contributor

@MickD, now that DD is in college, we have more time to do stuff. There’s a dinner theatre near here and I need to check their website to see what’s playing there.  How exciting that you got to go see Victor Victoria! 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Oh that's cool!  Good for you guys!

I think once DS leaves the nest it will be like crickets here....chirp! Chirp!  Hahaha!