Respected Contributor

Some how this app "SHOP" has invaded my online shopping.

It all started with the usual checking out on line by putting in my email. There was a pop up saying that a log in code was sent to my phone. So I entered the code and all my information including cc was populated into the order. I first thought is was just a two step verification. 

Now more and more sites are having this pop up for SHOP. It looks like SHOP is also processing and tracking orders associated with the link. Examples of companies: Rothys, Gallison (puzzles), Osmotics. I'm now getting that I have "credits" through SHOP

Any thoughts, experiences? I am going to get out of what ever this is! 

Regular Contributor

I have had the appear on my computer also when i entered a payment to Goose Creek. I then got a tracking link if I signed into what they say is an app. I can't locate such an app to delete it but when I google it and click sign in my credit card number pops up. When I googled it it says it is an artificial intelligence app. I am currently trying to figure out how to delete it.

Regular Contributor

I have now been able to get rid of the shop app. I had to google it then click log in..A number was sent to my phone which i entered as a code. I was then able to delete my credit card and uninstall the app from all my devices. Hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOP: app ?

[ Edited ]

@granddi @Just clarify for my own understanding; you never downloaded this app from the Google or Apple App Stores...it just popped up?

Honored Contributor

Not sure if I'm talking about the same thing, but....

One of my favorite sites to shop that used to use Rakuten, changed to Shop or Shopify (?).  Blue lettering.  Always pops up when I go to sign on the site.  So I just signed on thru them at other sites, too.

Keep getting notifications that my Shop points (worth a couple of dollar$) is going to expire.  But it seems you can only spend these points at certain places (Laura Geller was the only familiar one, but I don't use her products), so Shop/Shopify monies mean zero to me.

I liked it better when I could accrue money through Rakuten at these sites that now use S/S.  It was money in the bank for me.....

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@granddi @Just clarify for my own understanding; you never downloaded this app from the Google or Apple App Stores...it just popped up?

Shop pay is a convenient payment method and checkout solution for customers on a Shopify store. This handy little tool allows customers to save credit card information, along with other data. For instance, your customers can add their shipping address and billing information, for a faster checkout next time they buy. The accelerated checkout system...

The SHOP PAY checkout would just pop up as I was checking out of a purchase. I never signed up with this service. I assumed that it was the on line authorization process.

Apparently  SHOP PAY not only processes the payments but tracks and notifies order status. When I tried to locate an order, it was directed to to download the app. I did download the app bc it was the only way to track my orders that were processed with SHOP PAY. 

What I can find out is that merchants like the service. So far the "cash back" game is for merchandise credit to associated stores. I just don't want my cc and info on all these sites but that genie is out of the bottle.

Trusted Contributor

I actually like Shop.  Mostly because I sometimes make purchases through instagram and it's so easy to complete the purchase without having to log in, etc.  I've used PayPal and my Apple Card on shop.  It's also up to the merchant if they use that service to process transactions and supply tracking to customers.