New Contributor
Since when does QVC deduct shipping/handling from a refund amount? Not in 30 yrs. have I seen this until now. I returned item, after one easy pay. Used their return shipping label. My refund should have been the one easy pay amount, minus shipping label. But, they also deducted original s/h amount, which was already in the total! Spoke to a RUDE brand new customer service rep.
Honored Contributor

QVC has never refunded the original shipping and handling fee.  When you return something, you lose out on your original S&H and your shipping to return it.

Often when you used easy pay, you get very little money returned to you.  I know, this stinks.

Sometimes it costs a lot to try on a pair of shoes that don't fit

Example:  

original S&H  $5.50

return shipping.  $6.95

total lost $12.45

Super Contributor

Many years ago you were refunded the shipping and handling fee....but that ended a few years ago...cannot remember exactly when the policy changed...I'm assuming they were losing money...or maybe to cut back on  returns ....perhaps both reasons.....

Honored Contributor

@mamkmom 

You must not have returned anything in a very long time.

The policy of refunding original shipping/handling changed years ago.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe Yepper, I only buy on easy pay.  I often get back $5.95.  Oh!  My favorite (?) was a postcard from QVC saying I got a refund of....wait for it... $. 09.

Honored Contributor

@TVLandAnd don't forget that before they came to the current policy, lots of original shipping and handling costs were higher than they are now.   I have a whole folder of items on which I paid 5.95 and 6.95 to have things shiupped -  under the new policy, I have almost nothing for which I paid that much.   In fact -   there have been few years where I spent as much on shipping my QVC purchases as I did the last time I belonged to Amazon Prime.

I do know, QVC costs don't work as well for those who order and return often, but I detest returns even when they're free -  even when I'm uying locally as I try to do most often.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie This is why I take the $12.45 and go to the store in person and try on my shoes.  I would order a pair, they would not fit and it chapped my tail to pay when they were the same size in others I own.  LIVE AND LEARN

New Contributor
Thanks so much, everyone, for your replies!! Much appreciated. Actually, I’ve returned a couple of items in the last six months (one wss defective), and one being fairly recently. I don’t remember the shipping/handling being deducted from my refund. Guess I didn’t notice.
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Maybe Yepper, I only buy on easy pay.  I often get back $5.95.  Oh!  My favorite (?) was a postcard from QVC saying I got a refund of....wait for it... $. 09.

@Annabellethecat66 

I'm sorry, but that made me Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
New Contributor
Thanks, again!