Honored Contributor

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Statue Dedication

[ Edited ]

Okay, don't all gang up on me at once, but would we be describing this stature as severe and non-smiling it it were of a man? Just a thought.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I find the Visage to be quite noble, inspiring and appropriate.   My understanding is that the Justice endorsed and approved this prior to her death.  I like it,  but I'm no art expert.

rbg-statue-01-ht-jt-201014_1602685583212_hpEmbed_15x14_992.jpg

I like it better up close. Up close it looks more like her.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, don't all gang up on me at once, but would wembe describing this stature as severe and non-smiling it it were of a man? Just a thought.

This was my first thought, as well.   

Honored Contributor

It is an honor to see this statue of Judge Ginsberg who I admired and respected, a hero of this country for men and women.  She was a true asset to this country and to have this statue made for her and put on display is inspiring and welcome. She is missed  but left her legacy in history as a great woman of our time.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Oh this isn't our first rodeo. Political post always are problematic. Probably why they aren't allowed.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3  @chickenbutt  I respect your points. I wasn’t looking to see her with a big smile on her face; just think she looks sad and defeated but art is subjective. The sculptor is very talented and her body and stance are done beautifully. I just don’t see her determination and optimism.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

RBG personality and demeanor are not a problem. While many admire her but you would have to be living under a rock to know some of her politics makes her someone who has many haters. Isn't this the world we are living in now? You can't possibly believe that she is beloved by all and that this thread that isn't even allowed wouldn't get push back?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

RBG personality and demeanor are not a problem. While many admire her but you would have to be living under a rock to know some of her politics makes her someone who has many haters. Isn't this the world we are living in now? You can't possibly believe she she is beloved by all and that this thread that isn't even allowed would get push back?

The same with MLK, @Nancy Drew 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland