Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

What makes me sad is that most of the rude people I observe while out and about are women.  Their behavior is disheartening to say the least.

That is interesting as I find older men to be rude, not all, but quite a few.

They seem to have a sense of entitlement and have to be "first" whether in a door or needing customer service in some type of establishment.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

And SO many post right here. It's disheartening that they can't be banned.

Respected Contributor
I agree with you tl98466. It sad that many rude people do not recognize they are rude. It is always someone else.
Trusted Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

What makes me sad is that most of the rude people I observe while out and about are women.  Their behavior is disheartening to say the least.

That is interesting as I find older men to be rude, not all, but quite a few.

They seem to have a sense of entitlement and have to be "first" whether in a door or needing customer service in some type of establishment.

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@LuvSoCal 

Not so much in my world. But then again, I spent most of my working years with only men on the factory jobs. And then running my adult hockey league(no women asked me if they could play)around all men.

Using the word "rude", to describe many of them, would be much too kind.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn Your post reminded me that back when I first started my career with the state of CA

(public service agency) I was a very young, naive front line worker who served the general public.  I can't tell you how many times a woman would get in my face and yell obscenities that would make a sailor blush!  I would just tell myself they were having a bad day.  It sure motivated me to advance!  I will say I took a fair amount of abuse from men too.  

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I just finished reading a post on the TV show "I Love Lucy" in which one poster insulted those that enjoy watching those old reruns. You'd think people wouldn't open a thread that held no interest, but in some twisted way, she felt the need to be hurtful. 

@AuntG , it seems the "one poster" you speak of also decided to post in the "Exclusively Elvis 20-20 thread".  

If I don't have an interest in something, I don't even bother to click on that thread, nor waste time reading it.  

I thought it was nice of the OP to let people know.  It just makes no sense to me, but that's me.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes the most rude people are the ones who go crazy if they think they are insulted.

With some people, “It’s all about me.”

Remember the quote, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

Everyone can have a bad day, to be human is to have problems to deal with, and to some people being cruel is strong.  Cruelty is the point with those types of people.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Please, don't forget, for some people it's about illnesses, a sense of hopelessness, soon to be end of life situations, and for some giving care to others, who keep slamming into walls as they try to assist others (sometimes family members) who jump through all the hoops and still don't get what's needed (frustration).  Some are in ill health and have so much pain to deal with, they are in a black room, and dealing with some hopelessness.  So, there's those reasons too, and you can't take that personally.