Respected Contributor

Alabama fans are fierce and proud - why not? many are jealous of their outstanding record over the years.

but  i think one can say that Tigers fans are quite fierce as well.  !!  this year they have much to be proud of. 

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Icegoddess I don't mind seeing Saban brought down a notch either! But again, the players are basically kids...and their attitude, for better or worse, is set by their coach. I won't say anything about the fans...all teams have their share of obnoxious fans, some more than others. Personally, I think the attitude of the coach may be what draws the fans...coach with obnoxious attitude = more fans with obnoxious attitude. 

@vermint, peronally I think a lot of those players have an attitude all their own and did before they were ever signed to the team.  I do give Saban and a lot of coaches credit for keeping those guys in line despite themselves.  But, Alabama fans have been obnoxious fans LONG before Saban ever came to Alabama, at least as far back as The Bear was the coach.  After The Bear there was a steady stream of head coaches who were never given time to actually develop a team.  If they couldn't produce a winning team in one or two seasons they were given the boot.  

Respected Contributor
As a Bama alum, I have to give props to Dabo Swinney and his squad for a tremendous performance all season and especially last night.

I don’t really care if you think I’m obnoxious. I probably don’t like you either. But when your team plays in 7 of the last 10 national championship games and wins 5 of them, I’ll forgive you being obnoxious anyway.
Honored Contributor

The Tide got rolled   ...........  WAR EAGLE!!!   Congrats to the Clemson Tigers!!!

Honored Contributor

As a former Clemson staff member I am thrilled!

Frequent Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@Icegoddess I don't mind seeing Saban brought down a notch either! But again, the players are basically kids...and their attitude, for better or worse, is set by their coach. I won't say anything about the fans...all teams have their share of obnoxious fans, some more than others. Personally, I think the attitude of the coach may be what draws the fans...coach with obnoxious attitude = more fans with obnoxious attitude. 

@vermint, peronally I think a lot of those players have an attitude all their own and did before they were ever signed to the team.  I do give Saban and a lot of coaches credit for keeping those guys in line despite themselves.  But, Alabama fans have been obnoxious fans LONG before Saban ever came to Alabama, at least as far back as The Bear was the coach.  After The Bear there was a steady stream of head coaches who were never given time to actually develop a team.  If they couldn't produce a winning team in one or two seasons they were given the boot.  

As a Bama Alum and fan, I resent being called obnoxious.  I can understand s fan being obnoxious at times but to label a whole fan base obnoxious is foolish and inaccurate.   I don’t know where u live,  but here in Alabama, I have not heard one comment disparaging Clemson.  They were the better team and it was obvious.  FYI, he’s not called The Bear, he’s called Coach Bryant. 

I don’t see what  problem with Saban is either. he has been a tremendous asset to the Tuscaloosa community.  He is generous with his time for charities.  He sets a good example for students, his players have a very high graduation rate and he’s a winner.  So he called a bad game last nite.  He still has my respect and appreciation.

Frequent Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

The Tide got rolled   ...........  WAR EAGLE!!!   Congrats to the Clemson Tigers!!!

The Tide got rolled by Clemson, but what the Tide did to your team was a full on Tsunami.. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I Disagree with you regarding the SEC being the most competitive conference.

I had no team in this game, however the ACC has never gotten the recognition it deserves, yet year, after year, no matter the sport, there will be an ACC team if not on top at least in the final mix.

Time we got some love! 

Smiley Happy Peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I have some paw love!

I have been to many football games and many at Clemson. It is a dynamic atmosphere and most people show some sense for both sides. However, we have our share of lunatics too. The mature man that shows up shirtless doing his dance moves for ESPN is one example. Sometimes I think that alcohol encourages people to drop their "filters" and let their "bums" shine.

Alabama did an awesome job to be in the chamionship game.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@vermint, @Laura14  We can women who can agree to disagree.