Respected Contributor

@grandma r  I've had great luck with nomorobo.  I get it through my cable company phone service.  It is free and works great for both me and my parents service.  

I have only had a telemarketer once in the past month get through, otherwise, the phone rings once, and I believe it gives them the message that this number isn't accepting their phone calls.

My answering machine is clear again, when I used to have lots of stupid messages, and hang ups every day.

I would check your landline provider and see if you can try it, it's free and works exactly how I need it to work.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

My phone automatically screens my calls. Half the time I don't even hear the phone ring cause it rings only once and only on one phone.  

Honored Contributor

Sharke,

this is the exact same one I have LOVE IT!!!!

it really works.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been receiving the IRS call on my cell over the last few weeks. The latest ROBO messsage has informed me that I will be prosecuted and taken to court for IRS fraud. Ummm... yeah. I finally blocked a call from them this week and so far no more calls I hope this ends it. It's annoying as hell, and I can see how elderly people can fall for these scams and be frightened into giving up personal or financial information.

Honored Contributor

I have started answering unknown local calls and then immediately hanging up.  I don't let them ring through because I have very limited talk minutes on my phone and I was tired of using them to constantly go into my voicemail and erase computer messages. 

I did take the time to report them to the Do Not Call Register but I just kept getting more so now I pick up and disconnect them.  I think that's helped a bit with the volume of calls.  

If you are not affected yet, you will be.  I was quiet for a decade with no one having my cell except immediate family.  Just a matter of time before the computer dials it up and discovers you.        

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeuswrote:

I have been receiving the IRS call on my cell over the last few weeks. The latest ROBO messsage has informed me that I will be prosecuted and taken to court for IRS fraud. Ummm... yeah. I finally blocked a call from them this week and so far no more calls I hope this ends it. It's annoying as hell, and I can see how elderly people can fall for these scams and be frightened into giving up personal or financial information.

You should go to you tube and watch the people that call these people back and mess with them.  It is hyterical.  One girl said "can I please take a shower before you arrest me"?    Then she pretended to cry and tell them that her husband needed her.  I spent a whole night watchingthem one night.  I was in tears laughing.  The most annoying calls are from United Health Care.  I finally called them and told them to stop calling me for a health assesment.  That is not their job, and they said well they pass the information on to the Dr.  I said I am not incapable of telling my Dr. what he needs to know.  So they put me on a do not call list.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

We keep our cell phones turned off, period. Won't happen to me.

Way to go

ph.jpg

@SharkE  I also have it and love it.  I get a high out of hitting that big red button.   LOL

Honored Contributor

Me too, hun !

Whose your Daddy now ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!!  We are going to get the one with the big red button.  I can't wait to hit it!!!!