Honored Contributor

You have to block them, ignoring them does no good at all.

They will try 3-4 times a day. I'm to busy to run over to the phone screen

and check to see who it is.

I'm no Spring chicken either and I'm not making any sudden fast movements to get to a call and sprain or pop a knee.

Happened to my sister she was mopping and she put down the mop

and make a quick move to run to the phone and she popped her knee

In pain for weeks.

If it rings once and quits I stay seated not going to run to no scammer. LOL

Let Call Blocker handle it.

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=call+blocker

Respected Contributor

I purchased a call blocker, about $69, so worth it. Just plug it in and it does what it says. Calls that you block by pushing a button can’t get through!

You can see the # being called from, if not familiar push block. I love it!! I was getting constant calls 3-4 daily, no more. Oh, if you make a mistake easy to unblock.

Trusted Contributor

I only use my cell phone to talk with my family and a few friends.  I have received a handfull of telemarketer calls but don't answer the cell.  The other day my cell phone rang and I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number, pretty soon I received a text from the same number asking "who is this" , again I didn't reply.  Pretty soon the cell rings and it's that same number and a woman's voice started screaming at me asking why I keep calling.  I told her I rarely even use my cell and have no idea what you are talking about my phone has been sitting here the whole time and not used.  She got mad and hung up and I haven't heard from her since.  The phone company told me that robocallers can steal your cell number to make their calls and use it for awhile and then move on, they called it spoofing. 

Honored Contributor

We keep our cell phones turned off, period. Won't happen to me.

Way to go

ph.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  I know what you mean about running to see caller ID. If I don't have the phone near me or tv on to see who it is, I let the answering machine get it. If it's a robocall they don't leave a message. If it's someone I know, they do leave a message. Then I call them back. I never run for the phone, too dangerous!

Honored Contributor

any kind of sudden , jerking fast to action movement can be painful.

My sister was in pain for long time and had to lay straight in bed couldn't turn

Poor gal LOL

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

Why not just screen all calls with an answering machine or voicemail?

@YorkieonmyPillow.  That's what we do. Our phones have caller ID on them and the name also appears on the tv if it is on. If we don't recognize the name or phone number, we don't answer. Let them leave a message. However, they rarely do.

@proudlyfromNJ

This is exactly what I have from Comcast.  I get 15 to 20 robocalls a day, but they eventually give up (and different ones take their place, blah).  However, I never have to answer them because my TV always shows the number calling.

Never get calls on my cell, ever . . . because I never give that number out.  I use my cell phone for text messages only, never for phone calls.  And the texts are only with my family.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1wrote:

The only reason that I still have a home phone is because it was cheaper to bundle it with my internet service than get rid of it. I've tried NomoRobo, but I don't think it works very well. The scammers just keep spoofing new numbers everytime they call. People that I actually want to talk to have my cell number, so I never answer that phone. I have the ringer turned off and it goes straight to voicemail. Legitimate callers leave a message but the scammers never do. 

I am "bundled" too...but I don't have phone plugged in...we only use our cell phones. The Cable guy said alot of people do this...LOL

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

Why not just screen all calls with an answering machine or voicemail?

@YorkieonmyPillow

Your right Yorkie.....On my landline .my answering machine screens my calls, if its a robo call it rings for a brief second then its gone.... I use Voice Mail on my cell phone ............

NomoRobo doesnt work with all phone systems....

And call blockers if you block a call say 456-1234, they will just call again and use 456-1235 and keep going.......so you better have a call blocker that blocks more than 100 or 250 calls-it will fill up fast........

As for spoofing that should really be against the law, there was one news story about spoofing a hospital number and a hospital spokesperson said to report it to the hospital..............

And if you answer the fraudsters and scammers know its a live number and will sell it to other fraudsters so you get more calls........................

Theres not much you can do about charities and political other than screen your calls............these are legal

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@viva923wrote:

we broke down and got a V5000 no more robo calls. it attaches to the side of the phone (we do have a land line). cost us $100.00 or so, came from England but arrived within 1 week. so nice to pick up the phone and if it is a robo call, hit the huge red button and NO more calls from that number.

You get 5000 numbers to block on this unit. Am up to #26 calls since we got our unit. It is so nice.

If a robo calls comes in from the same number, a quick ring  comes in that is it, the calls is cut off.

I also bought the call blocker from QVC.  What a blessing.  Ilive it and I got it for 70.00.   I highly recommend it if they still sell it.