Honored Contributor

LOS ANGELES (AP) — New York real estate heir Robert Durst, who days ago was sentenced in a two-decade-old murder case, has been hospitalized after contracting COVID-19, his lawyer said Saturday,

Defense Attorney ****** DeGuerin said he was notified that Durst was admitted after testing positive for the coronavirus. DeGuerin said he didn’t know Durst’s condition and was trying to find out more details.

Durst, 78, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without a chance of parole for the murder of his best friend more than two decades ago. Durst, who has numerous medical issues, sat in a wheelchair with a catatonic stare during much of the sentencing hearing.

“He was very, very sick in the courtroom,” DeGuerin said Saturday.

He was convicted in Los Angeles Superior Court last month of first-degree murder for shooting Susan Berman point-blank in the back of the head at her home in December 2000.

The killing had been a mystery that haunted family and friends for 15 years before Durst was arrested in 2015 following his unwise decision to participate in a documentary that unearthed new evidence and caught him in a stunning confession.

DeGuerin said Thursday that Durst will appeal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Durst Hospitalized

I hope that thing they call a man is in horrible,tremendous pain. He won't be happy when he goes where he is going and I don't mean prison.

Honored Contributor

Robert Durst had a really bad week. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Robert Durst had a really bad week. 

@Kachina624  That. Is what I was thinking....

Esteemed Contributor

i think it's called karma..........

Esteemed Contributor

I have absolutely no sympathy for that monster!!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  so he's very sick while in the courtroom and nobody thought to test him for Covid?  I would be livid if I was in the courtroom and he was there possibly infecting innocent people!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

In all  due to his chronic health problems and now covid 19 , he may never spend as much time in prison as he should. However, it would be something for him to come clean abt his  wife's disappearance .

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 So did his victim years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 So did his victim years ago.

@Love my grandkids  He had more than one victim. It was amazing how he got away with murders for most of his life.