Super Contributor

Hi all,  I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.  Several years ago, QVC sold a music box that was presented during one of LR Christmas shows.  I have recently purchased a used one, and it did not come with the AC adapter cord.  It also runs on batteries, but I would like to purchase a cord for it. 

Unfortunately, as with second hand items, there is not a booklet with it and I wanted to make sure that I had the right voltage cord adapter.  If anyone out there purchased this item years ago, I would appreciate your input on what the cord states as correct amperage for the unit.   Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Is there a sticker or label on the music box somewhere where it shows the voltage/amps? That sticker might be located close to where the batteries are located. Once you find the voltage/amps then you can buy a multi-voltage adapter which is usually sold with a variety of different plug tips to fit different devices. Look for a multi-voltage or an adjustable voltage AC/DC adapter. Several of them on Amazon.

Super Contributor

Thank you, we already looked.  It doesn't say.  I can use the batteries, I am only going to use at Christmas so it will suffice.  Thank you for your suggestion Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I once bought an adapter that had 4 or 5 voltages on one cord.  I think I got it at Walmart.  These may still be available. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thank you Kachina624, I will look into that.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I once bought an adapter that had 4 or 5 voltages on one cord.  I think I got it at Walmart.  These may still be available. 

@Kachina624 

Yes, that's what I was talking about. But without knowing what voltage the music box runs on then a mult-voltage adapter is useless.

Honored Contributor

Re: Concertina music box

[ Edited ]

@Coastalcarolina 

What size and how many batteries does it use? That will tell you what voltage it runs on. The amp part is not critical and most adapters are for home electronics so that should work.

I'm guessing 4 D batteries...that's 6V.  I googled Mr. Christmas Concertina Music Box.

Super Contributor

It takes 4 D batteries, so that would be the 6 volt.