Honored Contributor

Yesterday ,i was on my porch ,where it is located, strange voices were coming from it ,could not understand the voice,what the heck?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

So many reasons why people should understand these latest electronics before hooking them up in your house.  (baby monitors - the talking Amazon box - banking on remote equipment)   So many towers out there communicating with other towers.  Scary

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

So many reasons why people should understand these latest electronics before hooking them up in your house.  (baby monitors - the talking Amazon box - banking on remote equipment)   So many towers out there communicating with other towers.  Scary

My son bought it as a christmas present for me, now he may think i am crazy,after telling him about the voices!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I hear ya', LOL!

People look at you strangely when you mention, "hearing voices".

I can't offer any insight or advice though, since I don't have one of those type doorbell systems.

I have my avatar, my Pitbull rescue, for home security, as well as a gun and with FBI family, I've been well trained to use it..

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

There are millions of communication 'waves' out in our atmosphere.  Years ago I traveled a lot after dark with only a car radio.  I would be listening to local stations and suddenly I would pick up stations from the deep south (Alabama) or from Canada.  Speaking in French/English or southern slang.  Clear nights with no cloud cover can pull in signals from great distances.  Now we have zillons of cell towers which makes transmissions even more common.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yesterday ,i was on my porch ,where it is located, strange voices were coming from it ,could not understand the voice,what the heck?

I am not anti-gadget or against technology but this is one of the main reasons I don't have all of that technology in my home. I wanted to try the Ring doorbell and even Alexa but thought about how people can hack into cameras and other Wi-Fi based gadgets.

Perhaps someday, when the kinks are perfected I may finally use them. My son talked me into getting an IPhone and I am finally, after 4 years getting comfortable using it. For now, I will stick with the old fashioned protective measures!