Honored Contributor

I am always interested in making homemade  cleaning products ,that clean germs,any one else?And clean things well.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I like to make a disinfecting spray with Thieve's oil. That is an EO blend of different oils that has a very interesting story behind its name. During the plague time in Europe, some thieves would cover themselves with different oils, germ-killing types, so that they could rummage and steal from dead plague victims and come away with not getting infected...so the story goes.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , what is your concoction?

Honored Contributor

Re: home made disinfectants

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

@SilleeMee , what is your concoction?

It's easy, you'll need to put the following in a 4-oz spray bottle (amber or opaque in color*):

- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol 

- 20 drops Thieves oil

- fill will water

Shake well before each use.

*Spray bottle needs to be amber or opaque so it protects the oil from damaging light which will make the spray not work as a disinfectant.

@hennypenny 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ----Where do you buy theives oil. Can't wait to try it.---Gotta be ready for the plague---

Honored Contributor

I combine the following ingredients in a spray bottle:

1 1/4 cups water

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/4 cup vodka or rubbing alcohol

15 drops of essential oils of your choice (optional, but smells nice)

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@SilleeMee ----Where do you buy theives oil. Can't wait to try it.---Gotta be ready for the plague---

@hennypenny 

I buy my oil from pipingrock dot com. They call theirs 4-Thrive oil and it's a thieves oil blend. You can find other brands from other places. Just do a search for Thieves Oil and you'll see them.

4 Thrive Essential Oil (blend)

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I don't make any homemade cleaning products but just wondered if you had checked out the blog, One Good Thing by Jillee.   She has "recipes" for all kinds of cleaning products, laundry products, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like to make a disinfecting spray with Thieve's oil. That is an EO blend of different oils that has a very interesting story behind its name. During the plague time in Europe, some thieves would cover themselves with different oils, germ-killing types, so that they could rummage and steal from dead plague victims and come away with not getting infected...so the story goes.

I wonder if plain old rubbing alcohol really kills germs ,and also tea tree oil,you know so much about these things.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee , DO you clen your shower with your cleaning mix?