Honored Contributor

Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have the Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus?  I'm thinking about ordering it.  It's a good price today.  Do I need to get the Ring Chime Pro also for good Wi-Fi reception?  My router is more than 5 ft. from my front door.  

I would connect it to my doorbell so think it would use my regular doorbell chime, wouldn't it?

If you have a different Ring Video Doorbell are you happy with it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus

[ Edited ]

@NickNack , I have Ring Doorbell 2.  My router is not all that close and I have no problem.  I love it.  I can be working in the back yard and get notice that someone is at the door.  At the end of a certain period of time you have to subscribe to their service here in Canada but the cost is low.  The subscription lets you archive video.  If you don't subscribe you only get live video.  I won't subscribe until we are travelling again.  We are almost always home now.

We dismantled our old doorbell.  Ring has its own sound.

Great to use for pkg delivery.  S aka Lilysmom

Honored Contributor

I'm also looking at Ring for front and back.  A few stores have some great deals on them.  My home was burglarized in August while I was in the far back of my back yard mowing so I'll feel better with Ring.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@NickNack , I have Ring Doorbell 2.  My router is not all that close and I have no problem.  I love it.  I can be working in the back yard and get notice that someone is at the door.  At the end of a certain period of time you have to subscribe to their service here in Canada but the cost is low.  The subscription lets you archive video.  If you don't subscribe you only get live video.  I won't subscribe until we are travelling again.  We are almost always home now.

We dismantled our old doorbell.  Ring has its own sound.

Great to use for pkg delivery.  S aka Lilysmom

Thank you very much @Lilysmom1 !  This helps.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart , this is a good choice for you.  It will keep you up to date on all the activity at your door.  You can talk to whoever is at the door no matter where you are, home or not.  LM