Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Rick Springfield Tonight!

@sashamatthews - how fun for you!  Hope you enjoy the concert!  A friend in high school won tickets calling in to a local radio station to go on a boat trip to Mount Vernon from DC with him right after his first album was released.  Probably fall of 1972.  So, we all got to meet him and hear him sing and he signed the albums they gave us.  I may still have the album upstairs someplace now that I think of it.  He probably was thinking "what the heck am I doing with all these teenagers on a boat..."  Not that he was all that old himself at the time.   :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I saw him perform at Epcot. It was awesome. Not a full concert, but I was happy to be in his presence! Such a cutie!
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

The show was great!  He did mention he turned 70 this year, but he honestly looks about 50, and is still such a dish!  Of course, he did come down and walk through the crowd in the arena - I have seen him do that before.  But as I was watching him, I remembered something Dave Grohl once said:  how many musicians are known by the first three notes of a song?  "Jessie's Girl" exploded as the last song - I am so glad I went. 

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  - Oh you lucky girl you!   I fell in love with Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital and when Jessie's Girl came out, I was over the moon!

Saw him several times during the years and I missed him when he came to Memphis this year.  Smiley Sad

He looks so darn good at 70 and I'd still marry him if he asked me!   lol

Btw - did you ever see him in the movie with Meryl Streep, Ricki and the Flash?  Omg - he looked so good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

Have a blast @sashamatthews , love him!!! I can not believe Rick

turned 70 this year. I saw him twice in concert, the last being last

September, and he puts on one of the best shows that I have ever

seen. He is like no one else his age.

Rick as Noah, bottom left, also loved him on G.H.

I  heard "Don't Talk to Strangers" the other day playing in a grocery

store and I was singing along with it.Heart

images (10).jpgdownload (17).jpg

What a hottie!!!!    Still to this day!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yes - I saw that movie.  I am looking for a DVD of the TV film when he played a vampire.  I have to check to see if a copy is available now - it wasn't a couple of years ago.  

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  - How was the concert last night?  Bet you had a great time!