Esteemed Contributor

Reward Check from Credit Card

I received my Costco Check for $50 - from using their Citibank Credit Card. Expires Dec. 31st. Because of COVID, I prefer not to go to the store to shop or stand in line at the Membership Desk -- is there a way Costco could credit the $50 to my Citibank Card. I'm not able to email Costco on their site for this question.

Have any of you dealt with this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Reward Check from Credit Card

If it's a check can you just deposit it into your checking account?

Or you can also go online to your Citibank credit card account and see if they will credit you the $50.00 on your card.

Respected Contributor

I suggest that you call Citibank and ask them about crediting your reward to your account.  The message I received reminding me to use my reward check came from Citibank not Costco.  I hope this is helpful.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Super Contributor

If the rebate is for using the Costco Citibank Visa, Citibank will give you a credit on your credit card account.  Just call Citibank and request it.  They did it for me a while back without any trouble so it should work for you too.

Esteemed Contributor

@lizzys wrote:

If the rebate is for using the Costco Citibank Visa, Citibank will give you a credit on your credit card account.  Just call Citibank and request it.  They did it for me a while back without any trouble so it should work for you too.

I thought it was from Costco - now I realize it's from Citibank. I'll call tomorrow to credit my card. Thanks a lot. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got a reward check too- Costco has been my go-to every few weeks since the pandemic! They were way ahead with safety precautions before covid even hit NJ last winter. 

Respected Contributor

@Re: Reward Check from Credit Card

@kivah Somewhere on the check there should be information about how it can be used.  We get 2 checks every year, one from Costco in the summer and one from Citibank in February.  Ours have to be either cashed in the warehouse or used to purchase items in the warehouse.  

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Reward Check from Credit Card

So do my reward checks, @Linmo.

@Linmo wrote:

@kivah Somewhere on the check there should be information about how it can be used.  We get 2 checks every year, one from Costco in the summer and one from Citibank in February.  Ours have to be either cashed in the warehouse or used to purchase items in the warehouse.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Re: Reward Check from Credit Card

I hadn't been to Costco since this all started ( nearest is 3 hrs away ) but last week I finally made it to physical store.  They honored my ( I think ) expired rewards check for $45, no questions asked!  Costco is very customer oriented.

Esteemed Contributor

I live 10 minutes from Costco - and the Rewards Check says I have to redeem in person at Costco. So - that's where I'll have to go.