Respected Contributor

Reverend Jesse Jackson

[ Edited ]

He and his wife are both hospitalized with COVID.  He was vaccinated.  The article that I read did not mention his wife's vaccination status.  Jesse had been previously diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.  Wishing the best outcome for both of them!

Honored Contributor

@Linmo   I wonder if his immune system was compromised due to the Parkinson's.  Wishing all who are hospitalized a full recovery.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know he has Parkinson's.  

I won't speculate on his condition vs. the vaccine.

I'll wish them speedy recovery with no after effects.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Reverend Jesse Jackson

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd  wrote: I wonder if his immune system was compromised due to the Parkinson's. Wishing all who are hospitalized a full recovery.

My sister who is in a nursing home has had Parkinson's for years, even before the pandemic. She and my mom shared a room. April 2020 my sister developed Covid then my mom and they both went to the Hospital the same night. My sister survived, mom did not. My sister is fully vaccinated now and she is doing ok thank the Lord so I don't know how much Parkinson's has to do with it.  .I do hope a full recovery for the both of them

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I am so sorry....this is such a challenging time for our country for many reasons.  I am glad that your sister made it through.

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@phoenixbrd  wrote: I wonder if his immune system was compromised due to the Parkinson's. Wishing all who are hospitalized a full recovery.

My sister who is in a nursing home has had Parkinson's for years, even before the pandemic. She and my mom shared a room. April 2020 my sister developed Covid then my mom and they both went to the Hospital the same night. My sister survived, mom did not. My sister is fully vaccinated now and she is doing ok thank the Lord so I don't know how much Parkinson's has to do with it.  .I do hope a full recovery for the both of them

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reverend Jesse Jackson

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  I am so sorry for your loss. I pray your sister stays healthy. I lost my mother last month. Not due to Covid however she had it and recovered. My sister is still battling long haulers syndrome. It's definately a real thing. 

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

He and his wife are both hospitalized with COVID.  He was vaccinated.  The article that I read did not mention his wife's vaccination status.  Jesse had been previously diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.  Wishing the best outcome for both of them!

@Linmo 

I heard in a news report today that his wife was not vaccinated.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Wishing them both a full, speedy recovery.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Prayers your sister makes a full recovery,  and you have my true condolences in the loss of your dear mother. 

Respected Contributor

He has had health issues for many years! Hoping for the best outcome! STAY VIGILANT, everyone!