Contributor

Return Shipping & Handling Charges

[ Edited ]

I have been purchasing items on QVC for quite a long time.  I pay my bill regularly, and, my fault - I do not look closely at my bill.  I just pay it.  I do return items, but figured I was saving money by paying my own postage.  (I am able to save about $2.00 by paying from my own postage account).  I was checking on a return today when I spoke to a very nice CS lady and asked if I was charged return postage for an item I had used my own postage.  Luckily, I did not get charge for the postage, but she mentioned something that was new to me.  CS Representative did mention I was charged again Shipping & Handling Charges whenever I returned an item.  I asked her for clarification: "So you are saying I am paying return postage ($6.95 for people who use return label) plus ex: $2.90 postage & handling on item returned?" (that costs changes per item, as you know).  

So let me be clear - upon my return I am paying $6.95 + 2.90 s & h (which changes depending on your item).  You are paying s & h charges when you initially purchase item and also same price when you return.  

For QVC on this forum - were you aware of this return s & h charge? I wasn't, and will be very careful from now on when purchasing.  Thanks for your time. Sorry I am so wordy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Return Shipping & Handling Charges

[ Edited ]

When you make a return because say you don't like the item.  Original shipping is not refunded.  That's if you are prepaying your return shipping.

If you used the return label, you are charged 6.95 for up to 5lbs.  Then the original shipping is also not refunded.

You shouldn't have a 6.95 deduction.  Assuming you returned clothing, it's typically 3.50.

Call customer service back and have them review your returns.

Contributor

Thanks for your response..  

I did return an IT product - was initially on 6 easy payments totally somewhere around $41.00 and some change.  The original shipping and handling charge in the $41.00 total was $2.90.  I did return the item - used my own postage - was refunded $4.01 - I had called CS to check and see ithey charged me postage - she was very pleasant and said no - but when you return an item you are charged again for shipping and handling which was $2.90.  I did ask for clarification and she mentioned you are always charged return shipping and handling on returns.  This is in addition to your original charge. I repeated it back to her and she said yes - my refund should have been $6.96 but was charged the $2.96 original shipping and handling again which brought my total to $4.01.  

I asked CS again - so you are saying whatever I return I pay original S & H  and if I return I pay S & H charges again? She said yes. 

Contributor

GCR18 - thanks so much!

I do see what you are saying. I think it was very confusing at the time  - I will contact CS. 

Honored Contributor

@Findsnfashion  - That makes no sense at all.

The policy is that, if you return something for any reason other than defective or damaged, you do not get your original S&H back.  (If the item was defective or damaged or the wrong item sent, there should be no deduction for either of the S&H charges.)

So let's say you bought something for $40.00 and the S&H was $3.50.  If you returned it on your own dime because you simply didn't like it, your refund should be $36.50 ($40 minus the $3.50).

If you used the Q's label to return it, an additional $6.95 would be deducted.  So the refund should be $29.55.

That's just an example, but there should be no other charges than those.  If you're being given the wrong information, I'd page one of the moderators on these forums and ask for a written explanation.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you are confused or not understanding the return policy.  When you return an item you decided you didn't want, you DO NOT get refunded the original S&H.  If you use their label, they deduct the amount stated on the label from your refund.  If you pay up front yourself, you are not subject to charges. 

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/customer-service.html?type=topic&tid=250700000001337

Honored Contributor

I think it's the easy pay that's making it confusing.

So your original shipping is not refunded.  Take $2.90 off the original total.  Since you had easy pay, you probably have only made one of two payments.  No matter what, you shouldn't have a 6.95 deduction.  Your only deduction is 2.90 from whatever easy pay you paid.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Findsnfashion  - That makes no sense at all.

The policy is that, if you return something for any reason other than defective or damaged, you do not get your original S&H back.  (If the item was defective or damaged or the wrong item sent, there should be no deduction for either of the S&H charges.)

So let's say you bought something for $40.00 and the S&H was $3.50.  If you returned it on your own dime because you simply didn't like it, your refund should be $36.50 ($40 minus the $3.50).

If you used the Q's label to return it, an additional $6.95 would be deducted.  So the refund should be $29.55.

That's just an example, but there should be no other charges than those.  If you're being given the wrong information, I'd page one of the moderators on these forums and ask for a written explanation.

This has been my understanding and experience.

I would like to add that you can package returns together (if they fit in the bag) and just use and be charged $6.95 for the return. Say you are returning a pair of pants and a makeup item....package them up together in the pant bag (make sure you tape the return info from the makeup invoice to the makeup) and send them together with the one $6.95 label. The return may take a day or two longer but it gets processed as both having been returned. This does save some money.

Contributor

I am sure you are correct - I think it is the easy pay that was confusing!!  Awesome response from all of you - I so appreciate the clarification to all! Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Unless I'm getting it wrong, I think what she's saying is she is being double charged for a return. She paid for the return out of her own money. Why are they charging her additional return postage? She already paid for it!