Respected Contributor

Re: Return Shipping & Handling Charges

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Findsnfashion  - That makes no sense at all.

The policy is that, if you return something for any reason other than defective or damaged, you do not get your original S&H back.  (If the item was defective or damaged or the wrong item sent, there should be no deduction for either of the S&H charges.)

So let's say you bought something for $40.00 and the S&H was $3.50.  If you returned it on your own dime because you simply didn't like it, your refund should be $36.50 ($40 minus the $3.50).

If you used the Q's label to return it, an additional $6.95 would be deducted.  So the refund should be $29.55.

That's just an example, but there should be no other charges than those.  If you're being given the wrong information, I'd page one of the moderators on these forums and ask for a written explanation.

This has been my understanding and experience.

I would like to add that you can package returns together (if they fit in the bag) and just use and be charged $6.95 for the return. Say you are returning a pair of pants and a makeup item....package them up together in the pant bag (make sure you tape the return info from the makeup invoice to the makeup) and send them together with the one $6.95 label. The return may take a day or two longer but it gets processed as both having been returned. This does save some money.

You can't use the Q's return label to return multiple items.  Unless the items were shipped together on one order.

Trusted Contributor

No you can't put them together to return. Well, you "can", but once they open it if there are other returns in the box/bag, they scan out the 6.95 return for those too.

I returned something and got billed for the return lol. It is the small easy pays that mess it up. If you buy something and the easy pay is 6 payments of say...$4.76, and you return it before the next payment comes up, they don't even have enough to take out the $6.95 label return. I got billed for $2.xx (whatever the difference was).

I also got one return processed and my return amount was .32. Yep, 32 cents. The banks must think QVC is nuts! It was .32 because the difference between the label return and the one easy pay they billed to send it out was almost equal, except for .32. At least they gave me back my change Smiley Happy

I have pulled way back on buying, especially clothes. Their clothing pricing has gone sky high, and the quality/sizing has been so bad it ends up costing a fortune to try something on.

I don't buy now unless it is something I have purchased before and liked, and kept it. Even that gets sketchy sometimes because you never know if the red top is going to be the same size as the white top you already bought,liked, and decided to get another color. It is always a cr*pshoot.

There are way too many places to shop online, with better shipping times, prices, free returns etc. QVC is not special any more, as in the days before online shopping when not everyone had a computer.

Honored Contributor

If you use PayPal to make a purchase then return postage is refundable through your PP account. You'll need to upload a copy of the receipt in the link provided in your PP transaction record. Your refund will appear in your PP account in less than week.

Esteemed Contributor

@Findsnfashion wrote:

I am sure you are correct - I think it is the easy pay that was confusing!!  Awesome response from all of you - I so appreciate the clarification to all! Thank you!

@Findsnfashion,  if I remember correctly when using easy pay the S&H charge is also divided.  Should you return an item even if you were only billed say $2.00 for S&H when the refund is issued the entire original S&H charge, say $5.50 is deducted.

If you paid to return the item instead of using the prepaid label you should not be charged the $6.95.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

One of the mods confirmed that you can return mutliple items together in one package, even if they weren't shipped to you together and you are only charged one label fee.  You are not charged the label fee per item.  It depends on the weight of the items you are returning whether you are charged $6.95, $8.95 or $10.95.  

But if you are returning multiple items, they should be items that all go back to the same address.  For instance, don't return cookware with clothing.

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch @FranandZoe I have returned multiple items together in the same package and was only charged 1 return fee. The thing is the items have to go to the same warehouse, for instance you cannot return a jewelry item with an clothing/shoe item because they go to different warehouses. Also you have to make sure the return weighs less than the return label fee. Here are the fees for the return labels:

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

If you have multiple clothing items and they weigh less than 5lbs you can return together and will only be charged $6.95. If you are charged for multiple label fees call CS and get a refund.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I see we posted identical things at the same time. LOL

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

The policy is that, if you return something for any reason other than defective or damaged, you do not get your original S&H back.  (If the item was defective or damaged or the wrong item sent, there should be no deduction for either of the S&H charges.)

So let's say you bought something for $40.00 and the S&H was $3.50.  If you returned it on your own dime because you simply didn't like it, your refund should be $36.50 ($40 minus the $3.50).

If you used the Q's label to return it, an additional $6.95 would be deducted.  So the refund should be $29.55.

That's just an example, but there should be no other charges than those.  If you're being given the wrong information, I'd page one of the moderators on these forums and ask for a written explanation.

I would like to add that you can package returns together (if they fit in the bag) and just use and be charged $6.95 for the return. Say you are returning a pair of pants and a makeup item....package them up together in the pant bag (make sure you tape the return info from the makeup invoice to the makeup) and send them together with the one $6.95 label. The return may take a day or two longer but it gets processed as both having been returned. This does save some money.

You can't use the Q's return label to return multiple items.  Unless the items were shipped together on one order.

Actually you can...I did it just last month. I had items from 3 separate orders in one bag...2 clothing and one makeup. I was credited for the 3 returns. Of course all within the 30 day window. And only one $6.95 return fee was deducted. I take the package to the post office and they scan it. watched my credit card and order status carefully and it was done properly.

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

Actually you can...I did it just last month. I had items from 3 separate orders in one bag...2 clothing and one makeup. I was credited for the 3 returns. Of course all within the 30 day window. And only one $6.95 return fee was deducted. I take the package to the post office and they scan it. watched my credit card and order status carefully and it was done properly.

Howewer, the whole thing is more trouble than it is worth anymore. I still haven't gotten the Clarks cloudstepper I ordered on 3/13. I have one more item I am waiting on and then I am through.

I hadn't noticed that s&h was now 3.50 until someone pointed it out to me on these boards.

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear multiple items can be returned with same Q return label - I know I've tried it in the past and was charged more than once.