Super Contributor
On 2/14/2015 moonchilde said:

I've been enjoying some ME TV. They have a wide range of 60s-70s shows, including Carol Burnett. Last night I watched her take-off on Rebecca.

I have ME TV as well. Love PETTICOAT JUNCTION! I wish they'd start airing LAUGH IN. That show was hilarious!

Trusted Contributor
Yes, I remember TV seasons were from September to May. The season usually ended with a cliffhanger. We had all summer to figure out things like who killed JR.
Super Contributor

Love Retro TV, Cozi Tv and a few others I can't think of off hand. I also like current shows that are on, but some of the old ones are so good and quite nostalgic. Oh yes just saw Lucibee's post about Encore Western channel. Another one we love to watch on Saturday mornings.

I think it's great we can take time and go back and watch shows that we once watched when they were new. Just fun to do.

VickiSmile

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 Shorty2U said:

Yes I often watch the Lucy, Golden Girls, Happy Days, Full House, the list goes on and on.

My husband records Rockford Files every day and watches them at night.

Which reminds me. Does anyone remember when TV shows ran from Sept to June each year? Then reruns all Summer? I miss that because now days the NEW shows come off and on all seasons and never run from Sept to June. I think they should!

(bolded by me) I sure do! You got so many episodes each season and then, if you missed some you could catch them during the summer. But then we just had the network stations back then. Now, with cable, there are multiple airings which is awesome. But I had to figure out very quickly to put all my Season Passes for network shows at the top of the list, since they only air once, and all the cable and premium cable shows after them, since there are multiple airings and the Tivos can find an airing to record on busy days.

Some of the shows I watch have as few as six episodes per season. SIX! But none of them have anywhere near as many episodes per season as they all used to have.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 Poppet1 said:
On 2/14/2015 moonchilde said:

I've been enjoying some ME TV. They have a wide range of 60s-70s shows, including Carol Burnett. Last night I watched her take-off on Rebecca.

I have ME TV as well. Love PETTICOAT JUNCTION! I wish they'd start airing LAUGH IN. That show was hilarious!

Several years ago one of our local channels did a short series about Laugh-In and I enjoyed watching again after so many years. It was so cutting edge for the time, and it's held up pretty well as far as topics.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor
I love the humor of WKRP. The characters are all different yet so funny. Sometimes it covered serious subjects also.
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/14/2015 missy1 said:
On 2/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:
On 2/14/2015 missy1 said:

Use an antenna, and you will get a lot of these old tv shows.

Don't quite get your point. Care to elaborate?

No cable or satellite. Hook an antenna to the tv. Reading on here it looks like you get the channels anyways. (PBS, METV, TV LAND etc.)

Yes: I don't have cable or dish, just oldfashion broadcast and I receive GET, This, Antenna, Cozi and ME! Don't miss cable at all. Also get QVC and HSN over the air.

That's just about all the TV I need.

Super Contributor

i know we have the Antenna and Me TV channels. not sure about Retro and Get.

Contributor

I record Alfred Hitchcock Hour and Thriller every night on MeTV. I prefer these old shows to most regular network TV offerings. Love the Sat night sci fi shows there also like Star Trek, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. They are fun and take me back to childhood. The horror movie host, Svengoolie, shows the old scary films I loved. He has been a staple out of Chicago for years, now expanded since MeTV.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched some of "Dobie Gillis" over the weekend, which was before my time and I have heard of, but never saw before. Really amusing period stuff, with incredibly young Bob Denver, Warren Beatty and Tuesday Weld.

Also "Here Come the Brides" was on one of these channels; that's one from my childhood.