Esteemed Contributor

@maestra wrote:

My last day teaching was today; I'm staying retired. I'm tired.

@maestra CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Retiring - Again!

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@maestra wrote:

My last day teaching was today; I'm staying retired. I'm tired.

@maestra CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Congrats to all you retirees! Woohoo!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

You are wise. I have always believed in signs and, like a lot of people, gave a lifetime of stories of having been guided to do this. The signs are there, whether we see them or not.  You were looking and were open to guidance, and you saw the sign. I hope you enjoy a long and healthy retirement. I walked away from a successful career ten years ago and never looked back. I thought I might miss it. I didn't! Wishing the same for you.

Trusted Contributor

@maestra Congrats on your new found freedom! As a retired teacher I know how you feel. There's a reason the word tired is in retired ! 

Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal Enjoy your retirement! If you get bored there's always volunteering. Have fun with your new life! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, congratulations on your second retirement!  I have been retired for awhile now and I have never been busier!  LM

Valued Contributor
I've been retired 18 months and I am quite busy with home projects, traveling, volunteering, and resting. Sometimes I miss socialization but not the people. LOL. I will get a little p/t job with time but I don't want to drive too far either.
Honored Contributor

Enjoy and ...

Respected Contributor

It's hard for some people to make that transition from "working" to "retired" and you never know how you're going to feel about it until you do retire.  It's wonderful that you got to keep working for them but I totally get your not wanting a long commute, that alone can be a deal breaker.  I quit my job when my children were in grade school and middle school and when my youngest went to college I wanted to get a "fun" part time job, which I did but as time goes on a job is a job, even a "fun" one and now I'm trying to make that decision on what to do and it's hard because I do love the social interaction with some of the people I work with and even have made some treasured "life long" friends.  My DH has had a wonderful 40 year career and is also having a hard time trying to make that decision since he loves what he does.  Congratulations to you for retiring again!  Good luck! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Retiring - Again!

[ Edited ]

It is a amazing feeling ,when you hear that voice telling you what to do.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.