Frequent Contributor

Yellowbeetle,

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful reply! I really appreciate it!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The first thing I consider:   Is my social security being taxed?  When I am looking for paradise such as you when my DH retires, these will be the states I consider... see below.

According to the Wall Street Journal, most states don’t tax your Social Security retirement benefits, including Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Alabama, Mississippi, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, South Dakota, Wyoming, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii. (The District of Columbia doesn’t charge taxes on Social Security retirement benefits either.)

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle

that was a great review of one of my favorite states.

some of the reasons you posted are exactly some of the reasons why i am considering delaware to be my full time home in the future. love being able to get there easily all year long right now though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@yellowBeetle

that was a great review of one of my favorite states.

some of the reasons you posted are exactly some of the reasons why i am considering delaware to be my full time home in the future. love being able to get there easily all year long right now though.

@sunshine45

Hi! Thanks so much! And one of our favorite places to visit is your beautiful city of Baltimore! We love going to the Inner Harbor! And we also love the Ravens!!Woman Wink Have never been to a game but enjoy seeing the stadium! 

Trusted Contributor

@Elbelle wrote:

Yellowbeetle,

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful reply! I really appreciate it!

@Elbelle

You are so welcome! Again, best of luck to you in your search! Woman Happy