Trusted Contributor
I must admit retail therapy helps me unwind. I have lately been heading to Marshalls or TJ Maxx on Friday nights.....I can find lots of beauty items I want to try for next to nothing. I really scored last night for $50.....then I came home last night and had a spa night! Felt great....some great finds I have found in the $5.00 range are: Butter of London creme blush and highlighter, Ahava lotions and bath salt, Philosphy, bare minerals, Yes to Carrots vitamin C serum, burts bees and aveeno products.....these items were all under $5.00!!!! No shipping and handling, no waiting....it was fun.
Valued Contributor

Good for you!!! I LOVE those stores and that kind of therapy...

Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax

A woman after my own heart.  I, too, admit to enjoying retail therapy.  Sounds like you found a lot of great deals.  You go, girl!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I shop at my local thrift shop and find great deals every time I go there. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: Retail Therapy

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer@catwhisperer wrote:

I shop at my local thrift shop and find great deals every time I go there. 

macklemore-ryan-lewis-approve.gif (500×250)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Trusted Contributor
I consign, thrift shop and yard sales too! It's all fun to me:-) although lately, I have been so stressed I have spent more than I usually do but it's not on credit so at least there is no interest:-)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I must admit retail therapy helps me unwind. I have lately been heading to Marshalls or TJ Maxx on Friday nights.....I can find lots of beauty items I want to try for next to nothing. I really scored last night for $50.....then I came home last night and had a spa night! Felt great....some great finds I have found in the $5.00 range are: Butter of London creme blush and highlighter, Ahava lotions and bath salt, Philosphy, bare minerals, Yes to Carrots vitamin C serum, burts bees and aveeno products.....these items were all under $5.00!!!! No shipping and handling, no waiting....it was fun.

LOve shopping at TJs and Marshalls, those who have read my posts here know that <3, it's fun and even my husband will go along sometimes.

Get just about all my workout wear there, and have been looking without success for golf wear

Respected Contributor

I was thinking the same thing about these stores a couple of days ago.  I buy their facial cleansers and other beauty products quite a bit.  While I like SSC's glycolic cleanser and Josie Maran's oil cleanser, they're expensive.  Beyond getting those in a today's special, I pick up whatever's at those stores.  I just got a coconut oil and papaya enzyme cleanser for just a few bucks.  I don't know how much papaya is actually in it, but I love the enzyme masks as exfoliators.  I'll have to see how I like it after a week or two.  The downside of shopping there is that if you find something you like you won't be able to go back and get it because their inventory is always changing.

Respected Contributor

I think people forget how much fun itis to go to a regular store, try on clothes and not have to pay to return items that don't fit.  TJ Maxx has amazing prices on beauty and some really wonderful beauty products - love my TJ Maxx!  Come on people, gett off your butts and go shopping, help your local economy!  Two retailers in my home town are in the process of closing.  It's really sad to see people who have worked there for 29 years lose their jobs.

Respected Contributor

i have always bee a fan of retail therapy.  and i don't mean that i necessarily 'spend' or 'buy' ... but more of the window shopping aspect of it.  whenever i am overly stressed (like just before one of the many moves we used to have to make) ~ i always find that some window shopping seems to totally re-focus my mind and it helps calm me down.  i know it sounds crazy to some, but i actually shop for relaxation.  and sometimes i actually purchase!