Honored Contributor

Rest In Peace Gloria Vanderbilt

Anderson revealed on CNN this morning that she died. She was 95. He took her to the hospital  weeks ago with severe stomach pain. Doctors told her she had stomach cancer that had metastasized.

Anderson said she was an extraordinary woman and she was. He was very lucky to have her for so long, but I'm sure he is still heartbroken.

4bed1532-47b0-49e1-8319-0033c246d1e0-XXX_ras_23.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: Rest In Peace Gloria Vanderbilt

I couldn't have handled him talking about her. Hits way too close to home. 

My Mom and I both read the book he did with Gloria and watched the documentary together. I gave my Mom an autographed copy of the book as a gift.

Honored Contributor

Before anyone scolds me, that does happen here-I was creating my thread at the same time as the other one. Think they were two minutes apart.

I did check first to see if there already was one, at the time there wasn't. 

Honored Contributor

She was a icon....everyone knows the GV brand (even sells at Costco regularly).  Stomach cancer metastasized...sad.  Sending wishes for comfort and peace to her family and friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww, no one can blame you for starting a thread.  It takes me 15 mins sometimes to post one simple sentence.  And by that time the thread has already taken a different turn.

You have a different perspective on her death because you are still mourning your mother's and together you had something in common with Gloria--you both enjoyed her.

I know you are missing your mother and I hope it helps you to talk about her as much as you want to.Heart

Edited for typo AND it took me 9 mins from the time I read your post.....!

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21
I couldn't possibly "scold" you for anything, lovely lady. You always post such great fashion photos and thoughtful messages! Duplicate posts are a sign that we have really smart, efficient and news-savvy men and women here. ❤
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Gloria Vanderbilt led a very full and interesting life. There is a documentary featuring mother and son on HBO called "Nothing Left Unsaid". I highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of both Gloria Vanderbilt and Anderson Cooper.  This is a loving tribute to her he created and grab a kleenex you are going to need it especially at the end:

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1140626396919635968

Please know this link is safe to open.  Josh Campbell is a CNN contributor.

Rest in Peace Gloria.  The world is a bit less bright with your passing.  Heart

Honored Contributor

mtc,

Thank you for connecting us to this extraordinary tribute to a very loved mother and public figure.  Very moving.

The similar giggle had me giggling along with them.

Esteemed Contributor

A fashion icon. I remember the craze for her jeans in the 70s.