Honored Contributor

Re: White House Reporter James Rosen Gone From Foxnews

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Not sure if QVC will allow this post to last as it might be deemed political but so far it is here and I feel like answering it.  I haver zero tolerance for abuse of any kind.I have four daughters.  I do feel however that if one is sexually harassed  they should report it immediately  NOW and not 30 years down the road.  The reporting has become epidemic and I think it has hurt the cause. And in my case  because of my lifestyle I get hugged almost every evening... it is a common practice among square dancers.. it is called Yellow Rock and it makes you feel welcome and appreciated.  I think some of this ME TO has gone too far.   It is join the crowd... and ultimately those who need help will be  ignored.  

It sounds like you've been lucky and haven't been se***lly harassed.  That's good.

Report it immediately? That's being judgmental at best.  

When these things happen, the employee is traumatized and may not know how to handle it.  The victim feels a lot of fear and humiliation.  The fear is about a lot of issues.....how to handle the perp, will I lose my job, how will I feed my kids, I won't have health insurance and my kid is always sick, my child is disabled and I need this job, and so much more.  It takes guts to tell the offender to stop.  In most instances, the offender has already established a stronger, higher up position and knows how to hold it over an employee.

Two weeks ago, I told someone what happened to me in 1983.  I was 30 and pretty naive yet totally traumatized.  I never told before because I had to work to make it in this world.  It wasn't long after that my husband walked out on the kids and me.   It was a good paying job and I moved up and had a good career.  I ended up working at that Fortune 500 company for 39 years until retiring.  I had a lot of different positions and bosses over the years so I was glad when I got a new one after that 1983 incident.  But I never forgot it and I never told anyone until 2018.

And most victims don't report these things right away.  They are ridiculed, further harassed, taunted, judged, and often lose their jobs.   A little tolerance and compassion would do more judging.

And some women are not telling the truth and just want their 15 min. of fame, or money, or both.  I have no doubt the harassment has been going on; I just don't believe all the accusers, and those who claim the harassment many years later are the ones I find the most suspect of their credibility.

That is your opinion only @Pearlee.  It's sad you don't understand why women wait, it's been written up often enough. Especially by experts in the subject.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Not sure if QVC will allow this post to last as it might be deemed political but so far it is here and I feel like answering it.  I haver zero tolerance for abuse of any kind.I have four daughters.  I do feel however that if one is sexually harassed  they should report it immediately  NOW and not 30 years down the road.  The reporting has become epidemic and I think it has hurt the cause. And in my case  because of my lifestyle I get hugged almost every evening... it is a common practice among square dancers.. it is called Yellow Rock and it makes you feel welcome and appreciated.  I think some of this ME TO has gone too far.   It is join the crowd... and ultimately those who need help will be  ignored.  

It sounds like you've been lucky and haven't been se***lly harassed.  That's good.

When these things happen, the employee is traumatized and may not know how to handle it.  The victim feels a lot of fear and humiliation.  The fear is about a lot of issues.....how to handle the perp, will I lose my job, how will I feed my kids, I won't have health insurance and my kid is always sick, my child is disabled and I need this job, and so much more.  It takes guts to tell the offender to stop.  In most instances, the offender has already established a stronger, higher up position and knows how to hold it over an employee.

Two weeks ago, I told someone what happened to me in 1983.  I was 30 and pretty naive yet totally traumatized.  I never told before because I had to work to make it in this world.  It wasn't long after that my husband walked out on the kids and me.   It was a good paying job and I moved up and had a good career.  I ended up working at that Fortune 500 company for 39 years until retiring.  I had a lot of different positions and bosses over the years so I was glad when I got a new one after that 1983 incident.  But I never forgot it and I never told anyone until 2018.

And most victims don't report these things right away.  They are ridiculed, further harassed, taunted, judged, and often lose their jobs.   A little tolerance and compassion would do more judging.

And some women are not telling the truth and just want their 15 min. of fame, or money, or both.  I have no doubt the harassment has been going on; I just don't believe all the accusers, and those who claim the harassment many years later are the ones I find the most suspect of their credibility.

And many women never report it.  They carry the nightmare in their own heads and push it back down to try and get on with their lives.

I'm having a hard time in understanding why someone thinks there are 15 minutes of fame, money or both involved.  Most of the victims neither ask for or receive these things and some women are lucky to be alive.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

That is your opinion only @Pearlee.  It's sad you don't understand why women wait, it's been written up often enough. Especially by experts in the subject.

@Noel7  It's sad that you didn't read my post correctly.  I wrote "some" women.  You must have missed that word.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

@Noel7  It's sad that you didn't read my post correctly.  I wrote "some" women.  You must have missed that word.

No, I didn't miss a trick @Pearlee.  You continue to say the ones you find the most suspect of their credibility are those who wait years.

I repeat, there are many, many studies and reasons why so many women wait, yet you condemn them.  You might want to look into why.  There are numerous scholarly articles which would explain it to you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

How about the one who recently accused the Ansari guy?  AFTER she told him how she felt and he apologized, no less.  He held no power over her.  She wasn't a child.  Why did she wait?  I can hardly wait to hear.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I tried reading the article referenced by Pearley, but my eyes crossed!

Esteemed Contributor

Let's not forget...the media were no friends to the movement and its victims.  Rowan Farrow's employer, NBC News, didn't want to go forward with the Weinstein story (like they squelched Lisa Myers' interview with the victim of another serial abuser).  So Farrow went elsewhere.

What is it with NBC protecting guys like this??

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe you should read the article about James Rosen in years past.  James Rosen

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

You are blaming the victim, not the perp.  Think about that for a minute.  It may not make a difference to you but it does to millions and millions of women who have been harassed over the last few decades.   

You're very lucky if you haven't been s harassed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Maybe you should read the article about James Rosen in years past.  James Rosen

@Hoovermom   At whom is this directed?

Keepin' it real.