Respected Contributor

When we put the Rent check in the envelope and then into the Drop off Slot,

wondering if we should leave it blank or write on it? And if write on it, what do we write? 

They put this slot up recently and no guidelines for the envelope. 
I was putting it in blank but not so sure thats a good idea.

The envelope with the check in it was what I meant Smiley Happy  Sorry for any confusion.

Honored Contributor

I always write my name and share holders code on it and the name of our development also 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

This would be a question for your landlord or property manager. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Rent Envelope

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear 

When I lived in an apartment I always wrote the apartment number, rent month, and my last name on the memo line....But one time a thief stole some of the checks that were placed in the Drop Slot and that ended paying by check or money order, all tenants were then required to pay online...no exceptions....

Those Drop Slots arent very secure, even with security cameras the thieves just cover up the camera..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear   The name of the person or company the check is written out to should be on the outside of the envelope. You can put your name and address on it too.

Esteemed Contributor
I am surprised a landlord would want to accept a check. Most management companies like direct payments.
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear: I write my name and apartment number on the front of the envelope. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:
I am surprised a landlord would want to accept a check. Most management companies like direct payments.

my daughter mails in her personal check every month.

i dont even know of they accept direct debit payments. not everyone likes to use those. i know that i generally prefer not to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

We have a dropbox at out rental office. I didn't even bother with an envelope to be honest. I always wrote my apt number in the memo until I finally had new checks with my correct address on it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rent Envelope

[ Edited ]

I would never put checks in a slot - and leave the pay to space blank.

The thieves know how to dip the checks in water to remove the ink - then they write in whatever names they want. I also suggest paying the rent on-line --- where u have proof of payment, and it shows which month the rent is for, and sent by u .