Super Contributor
The threads that are poofed because they are spam advertising, such as the one for "enlarging your unit/member" that was left up a few days ago with the link still there because it was part of the topic....need to get erased. I really do not need to see those at all. As far as someone's personal post getting poofed, those could be deleted with an auto-email notification generated for the offending party and sent to them. That way, the clutter is removed from the board, the deleted poster knows what happened, and they are not called out in front of the board.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I cannot help but wonder if maybe they leave the thread name there as a courtesy AND in an attempt to preclude half a dozen new  'WHERE DID MY THREAD GO' threads.  ha!

I don't think courtesy has anything to do with it, but I think you might be right about them hoping to forestall follow-up threads.  

Their explanations when deleting a post might be 'helpful' for the person they deleted, assuming they recall what they wrote that was considered 'forbidden, 'but when deleting an entire thread, the explanation is a good bit less 'instructive'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
If a thread is removed there are no more posts, and it falls off the front page of whatever forum it's in pretty quickly. No more "clutter" than any other thread that stops being active. But it usually stays visible long enough for those who were posting on it to see what happened. Most people are wise enough to just shrug and let it go without calling out the moderators in separate newly created threads.

if posts within a thread are removed, it's a reminder to watch your fingers. Doesn't bother me at all.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
If a thread is removed there are no more posts, and it falls off the front page of whatever forum it's in pretty quickly. No more "clutter" than any other thread that stops being active. But it usually stays visible long enough for those who were posting on it to see what happened. Most people are wise enough to just shrug and let it go without calling out the moderators in separate newly created threads.

if posts within a thread are removed, it's a reminder to watch your fingers. Doesn't bother me at all.

Yep, this.  ^^^

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Remove Poofed Threads?

[ Edited ]

Of course, one downside to outright removal of dead threads is there would then be fewer reminders for the more sanctimonious among us and those invested in team building, you know, in anticipation of the Superbowl of  attack and counter attack, to find yet other threads they can go on and educate the rest of us, regaling us with their superiority...  Wait.  Maybe there is no down side.  Besides, it not as though they need reminding...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Remove Poofed Threads?

[ Edited ]
Maize said:
"I would like to see the titles removed. It would provide a cleaner look."

The boards are too clean and sanitized as it is. I'd like them to be a bit grubby.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment