Respected Contributor

I would like to see the titles removed.  It would provide a cleaner look.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know why they don't.  Leaving a title with no posts makes no sense and without seeing what was said, merely giving their interpretation of why it was removed isn't really helpful and is actually rather pointless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remove Poofed Threads?

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't want them removed.  If I've been posting on a thread or just reading one, and it suddenly disappears, that would be just like it was on the old boards. Would it be just a "note" from a moderator saying "a thread has been removed because__________"?  Or would the thread just disappear like it used to?

I prefer to be able to find one and know why it has been removed.  Without a title, how can we do that? 

ETA:  So many people didn't like it because things just disappeared before, without explanation.  Now we have that, and we want to go back to the old way?  SMH

Respected Contributor
I think the threads should just go. The reasons they give for removal don't really make a difference. I don't think threads that are locked for commenting should be left up either. Clear out the clutter.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with kittymomNC.  I like the explanation when something's removed that I've been posting on.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I cannot help but wonder if maybe they leave the thread name there as a courtesy AND in an attempt to preclude half a dozen new  'WHERE DID MY THREAD GO' threads.  ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

I wouldn't want them removed.  If I've been posting on a thread or just reading one, and it suddenly disappears, that would be just like it was on the old boards. Would it be just a "note" from a moderator saying "a thread has been removed because__________"?  Or would the thread just disappear like it used to?

I prefer to be able to find one and know why it has been removed.  Without a title, how can we do that? 

ETA:  So many people didn't like it because things just disappeared before, without explanation.  Now we have that, and we want to go back to the old way?  SMH

Agreed! And I don't think they need to call out the poster whose post was removed- that poster knows what they wrote and when it is no longer there, well, you can presume the little note from QVC was regarding your post.

This is just an example of QVC not being able to win- everyone complained when their posts were poofed with no explanation but now that they give an explanation, no one wants the posts to stay or don't like the explanation. I suppose they could remove it and send that poster an email but that would require alot more work and others who saw the post (but were not the author) would be asking about it, like they did on the old board.

With that said, I agree it isn't as "clean" looking but I'm not sure there is a better answer.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the OP.

Seems like leaving the posts or threads with comments
is causing more controversy imho.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm just surprised that anyone doesn't remember the hundreds of constant complaints about threads and posts going "poof" with no explanation.  It was never-ending, and as Chickenbutt said, it led to so many "Where did my thread go?" threads, then the deleted thread just took off again. And again... and again.   It looks like, in this particular case, QVC can't win for losing.  They gave us what so many people wanted, and now we want to give it back?

Seriously?   Okey dokey...  Facepalm animated emoticon

Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I agree with you. 

People complain when their threads were removed - now they are here.  Just locked.  It also helps posters not ask that question "where's my thread"?  and the whole stuff starts up again, only to be removed again. 

What I would like to see removed are posters complaining about their locked/moved threads (re: another one bites the dust)

what purpose DOES that thread serve?  Nothing. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames