Trusted Contributor

I absolutely loved Steve Perry.  Loved his voice, loved his kind of Roman nose and loved his 70s hair.  I always wanted my hair to look like his!

His songs are in my iTunes list.  When any of them come on, I still stop for a moment and take a deep breath.

Related image

Honored Contributor

I don't care how good any Journey lead singer is, there will always be only one Steve Perry.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Susan Louise  - "Careless Whisper"  - one of the best songs ever.  Chills here too.

@San Antonio Gal  *HUGS*  Yes, X 1000...

And when I listen to that song now I still can't believe he is gone nearly 3 years ago. Big sad sigh.

I remember it took me a few months to get over the shock when GM died. I would have to have a box of kleenex nearby whenever I listened to that  song and/or watched that 'original' MTV video.

I listened to his music (and Wham's) a lot...certainly one of my top 10 ten faves from the 80's.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Ahhhh, one of my favorite Eddie Money songs.  I watch it now and again on YouTube....and it makes me cry every time.  He is so sweet and handsome in that video.  I understand what he is saying....

I saw him in a small venue concert twice in the last few years.  Kept hoping he would come back, then I heard he was sick and knew I'd not see him again.

He did some fab music and will be greatly missed.

Honored Contributor

Music can evoke such strong emotions, memories and feelings.  More so than just about anything else!  I love the music from 70-80-90's so much.  It's part of me and always will be.  Certain songs - when I hear them being played -- just for a minute or 2 -- I forget that I am old - I feel young again.  I guess this happens to a lot of people, no matter the age and no matter what kind of music was happening at the time you were young.  I feel like the music from this time period was so memorable.  I know people will argue -- but frankly, very little of today's popular music will stand the test of time (in my opinion).  I know Rap is very popular but the majority of it all sounds the same.  I am not saying "all" but I don't think most of it is long-standing or very good.

As for the memories and reminicsing regarding music --- a lot of good and some bad, as well.    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Ahhhh, one of my favorite Eddie Money songs.  I watch it now and again on YouTube....and it makes me cry every time.  He is so sweet and handsome in that video.  I understand what he is saying....

I saw him in a small venue concert twice in the last few years.  Kept hoping he would come back, then I heard he was sick and knew I'd not see him again.

He did some fab music and will be greatly missed.

@Witchy Woman 

Yes, I feel the same about his music!  We have lost and continue to lose so many performers of our time.  So very sad and so many big losses for us.  These huge talents - never again.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Your above post made me cry -- in a good way.

Yes, for a few minutes, you feel back in time...young...with everything...all of life before you.

Some days, I cannot listen to certain songs without sobbing.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad Cat LOL

I've mentioned that I just saw Justin Hayward in concert (same place I saw Eddie Money), and, had tears in my eyes throughout.  His voice is still wonderful and hearing his songs is like being in a time machine!

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 

The first time I saw Steve P. on stage in his tux top with "tails" I was wide-eyed....and then he began to sing, and was in another world.

I often wonder if he has any idea of the power of his voice.  Just amazing.

Those pics of him are perfect!  And, yes, that hair! Cat LOL