Honored Contributor

While on the laptop, I usually listen to tunes on youtube in the background or watch tv. 

The music I listen to is quite varied...smooth jazz, jazz, pop, rock, 70's/80's, latin, classical...depending on my mood.

Today it was mainly the 80's. I was just listening to a few of my fave Journey tunes and some of Steve Perry's solo tunes like Oh Sherri and on a whim, opened up a new tab to go to wiki on him.

He is 70 yrs old this year...holy-cow-smiley.gif

I'll be 60 at the end of the year. I knew he was a bit older but...

That just stopped me cold...reminding myself time stands still for no one.

Oh how when we look at certain aspects of our lives, time just flies by.

Happy memories to look back upon, and yet depressing at the same time.

Honored Contributor

Susan Louise,

Your mellow and sensitive mood is understandable.  

Life.

It goes by quickly.

Honored Contributor

Music is very evocative.  Enjoy the memories and the fact that you are still here to experience, learn, and create new ones. Thank you for your lovely share.

Honored Contributor
Steve Perry is one of my favorites...Foolish Heart is a song I hear on the radio and it really takes me back. Have seen several famous singers the past couple of weeks having birthdays and they were all in their 70’s. I’m not there yet, but can’t believe they have grown old along with everyone else!
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I don't  see the "depression" part of getting older. Yes, times does fly, and with each added year it seems move faster. Great memories of all kinds, some happy, some not so much.

My view of age is and has always been the same, "it is what one makes it".

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

F.Y.I. -- Steve Perry was featured on "CBS Sunday Morning" a couple months ago.  It was a very nice segment.  You might be interested to know he's been doing a lot of musical reminiscing himself and is writing and creating music again as a soloist.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I've told DH that, if Steve had asked me to leave him, I would have Cat LOL  Same with Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues (just saw him).

I've seen Journey with Steve P. twice in concert.  Once, when they were just starting out.  I adored them from the first time I heard their music.  If they've done a bad song, I cannot name it.

Saw them with Steve's replacement.  They sounded great, but...I still miss Steve P.

I was introduced to them by an old love, and, every time I hear their songs, I think of him...in a sweet way.  We've both moved on with our lives and are happy....but memories remain just the same.

His music was always so heartfelt...the words, the sound.

If you love Journey, there is a great tribute band called Voyager.  I've seen them twice, too.  If you have a chance, don't miss seeing them.  They travel the East Coast mostly.

Sometimes, just hearing the music is enough!  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  - With the recent passing of the great Eddie Money and Rick Ocasek, I have been reminiscing as well and I understand what you say when it can be depressing.

This is how I feel sometimes...to the words of Eddie Money's song, "I Wanna Go Back" :

"I wanna go back

and do it all over

but I can't go back I know

I wanna go back

cause I'm feeling so much older

but I can't go back I know"

(love that song)

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Susan Louise  - With the recent passing of the great Eddie Money and Rick Ocasek, I have been reminiscing as well and I understand what you say when it can be depressing.

This is how I feel sometimes...to the words of Eddie Money's song, "I Wanna Go Back" :

"I wanna go back

and do it all over

but I can't go back I know

I wanna go back

cause I'm feeling so much older

but I can't go back I know"

(love that song)

@San Antonio Gal  Your post sent chills down my spine. Such a great tune and Eddie & Rick were great. I miss George Michael the most Smiley Sad

Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  - "Careless Whisper"  - one of the best songs ever.  Chills here too.