Esteemed Contributor

Going ClearSmiley Frustratedcientology and the Prison of Belief is on tomorrow (Sunday at 8PM). I have really been looking forward to this documentary.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Re: Reminder for those with HBO

Never heard of it! But I'll be recording and trying it out. Sounds very interesting!
Respected Contributor

We don't get HBO. Let us know what you thought of the program will you?

Contributor

Just finished watching. I knew it is a cult but never knew it is a very dangerous one especially if you want to leave the cult.

It was well done with many ex-scientology members being interviewed. They were top members of this cult.

They spoke about Tom Cruise and John Travolta and how they broke up Tom Cruise marriage to Nicole Kidman. They also turned their adopted kids against Nicole. This must be the reason they do not see their mother because the cult will not let them see her.

Respected Contributor

Very well done. Very touching expressions of deep regret and shame at the end of it -- and the mother whose daughter came to say "I have to disconnect from you" -- so very sad.

I doubt the IRS has the courage to undo the damage they wrought when they buckled.

Very touching, too, the understanding for those still in it who don't speak up. So much fear of unknowns and for the known retributions if they leave, and the strong need to belong that causes one to give over their own mind.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

This was the scariest film! Reminiscent of pre-World War 2 rallies in Germany.

The amount of money and real estate held by this group is staggering. One could decide to boycott movies made by the 2 featured prominent actors, but unknowingly still be supporting the movement. The billions are no doubt invested in companies we support in everyday commerce.

The dogma demands punishment for questioners or non-believers. That means everyone is "fair game". Frightening.

Trusted Contributor

There have been reports about the abusive nature of Scientology for decades but unfortunately, they only seem to get richer and more powerful. I really don't understand how they get away with terrorizing people.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

For some reason I thought L Ron had fallen off the map for a while in the 70s or 80s.

Very chilling program. Curious to see if their ""Stars"" will speak out about some of the abuses.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was very interesting. I was hoping they were going to interview Leah Remini. She left them several years ago and was experiencing major harassment from them and Kirstie Alley also, they use to be good friends, but no more. Remini kept her name in the press for awhile, probably a good idea to out them!

Trusted Contributor

I would not fill the brain the good Lord gave me with that filth. Satan will appreciate you watching, however.