Esteemed Contributor

In memory of my grandfather, who served in WWI, my dad and FIL both of whom served in WWII, and my husband, who served in Germany and Viet Nam. Flowers were placed on two graves in Omaha today and the columbarium in Lincoln. I was not able to get to Arkansas with flowers! Thank you for serving our country, Dear Ones. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I am sorry issue was taken with this thread. Anytime we remember our men and women who served, living or dead, active or inactive, is a good time as far as I am concerned.

Please don't post on this thread just to spoil it for others. It is a tribute to people we love and admire.

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In memory of my dad who was in the army and served in the Korean war.   He died young at the age of 49, I miss him everyday and I thank him and all who have served on our behalf.   My living brother is also an air force veteran.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remembering Our Vets

[ Edited ]

“All gave some; some gave all.”

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I am sorry issue was taken with this thread. Anytime we remember our men and women who served, living or dead, active or inactive, is a good time as far as I am concerned.

Please don't post on this thread just to spoil it for others. It is a tribute to people we love and admire.

If it is anytime to honor the living, then it should be

for the other 364 days of the year.

For the young parent at home with 2 little kids & his/her

husband/wife was a victim of war...this is their day. 

Please respect that.

Today is for the Fallen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son had several close buddies in boot camp; I met them at graduation.

Later on 4 of them were assigned to Afghanistan and send DS a pic of them all standing together, smiling, proud. 

All 4 were killed.

I have a copy of that picture and I carry it in my wallet.  Every now and then, I look at it and think of their courage, I think of their families, and I think of the sorrow DS felt because he was not there with them, not given the same orders.

My heart weeps.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I respect both. Some gave their all , and the all that gave their some..To me they are not mutually exclusive, and I am the mother of a vet

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad and his friends, all so young.  WW11.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I respect both. Some gave their all , and the all that gave their some..To me they are not mutually exclusive, and I am the mother of a vet.

Me as well.

Memorial Day is the day for all Americans to come together and stand united to thank our military men and women for their sacrifices. Warm wishes on  Memorial Day to you and your family.

download (2).png

Happy Memorial Day Quotes

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran