Respected Contributor

Re: ✨ Remember Richard Simmons? ✨

Sounds like a biased judge.

Honored Contributor

I read an article in People sometime ago.

Seemed well researched, no bashing, or accusations.

Can understand why he is so tired of people and wants to get away.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Cleaning top kitchen cabinet last yeari found the original deal a meal.  You know, that thing makes sense

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charmwrote:

I hope Simmons wins his appeal.

I strongly disagree with the judges decision saying that someone is 'allegedly' transgender isn't defamatory.

It's not up to a judge to decide someone's threshold (for the lack of a better word) for tolerance to what could be said about them that can't or needn't be proven.  (Unless of course if it involved something unlawful.)

@Lucky CharmPer Wiki....

The judge ruled that "because courts have long held that a misidentification of certain immutable characteristics do not naturally tend to injure one's reputation, even if there is sizeable portion of the population who hold prejudices against those characteristics, misidentification of a person as transgender is not actionable defamation absent special damages."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I think it's wrong he has to pay.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish him well...I think he has mental issues

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm, you have a legal mind!  Thank you for putting in a nutshell the reason why Simmons should have every right to challenge the story.  He should be receiving damages, not having to pay tabloids legal expenses.

I do hope he goes through with his appeal.

Honored Contributor

Who knows what will be the tipping point ,to push someone that is unwell over the edge?

That judge needs to be voted out of office. People are entitled to their privacy ,as long as they aren't doing something immoral or illegal. You shouldn't be able to put this kind of thing in print, just to make a buck or two, as far as I am concerned. It is a personal matter

I feel very sorry for Richard and I wish him well.  I was never a fan, nor a follower, but I would never do this to anyone

Esteemed Contributor

He always had a smile on his face.

Used to watch him on General Hospital.

Honored Contributor

Slander of a person's character, is still slander.  If he felt that way he had a right to sue. He was always a sweet and nice person.