Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Randy Travis?

[ Edited ]

"embarrassment from a video" is no excuse for them NOT to release the evidence.....especially when it is not against the law to do so.

my father was killed by a drunk driver. "embarrassment" would have been the very least of his concerns.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a problem with them releasing the video....only the not so timely way they did it....

Honored Contributor

Yes this was years ago,and he should not have been drinking and driving,and if they were going to let this video out ,that should have been done then,not now.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy,    This was discussed on "The Talk" today.  I never knew they would show 5 year old programs.  That is quite unusual and I have no way of knowing if today's program was, indeed 5 years old.  Yes, I guess it is a slow news day.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

After a long legal battle, officials in north Texas have released video that shows Randy Travis during a 2012 drunk driving arrest.

(quote taken from abc7 news, chicago)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was shocked today when I saw it today on The Talk.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

"embarrasment from a video" is no excuse for them NOT to release the evidence.....especially when it is not against the law to do so.

my father was killed by a drunk driver. "embarrasment" would have been the very least of his concerns.

@sunshine45  I am so sorry to hear that. You have my prayers and sympathy.  Heart

I still believe embarrassing people on tv is not going to prevent anyone else from losing their loved one.  In my opinion, it makes the disease worse.  Laughing at it instead of making sure these people feel empowered to get themselves into a treatment program is not an effective deterrent. 

I'd like to think had someone not thought the person who took your father away from you was funny and instead instantly recognized them as a person who needed help, maybe that driver would have been in treatment or home rather than on the road.        

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45, I’m very sorry about your father. 

Honored Contributor

Apparently the judge made the video public and Randy's lawyers lost their battle against it going public  today. I just heard the story again on Inside Edition.   I did not hear on The Talk that this happened in 2012 but the release of the video apparently happened today.  Yes, alcholoism is a horrible disease and I do feel it is an awful shame that this is what happened to this gifted singer.  How humuliating for him and I hope he is able to sober up.  No, he should have never been driving but probably did not know what he was doing if he was driving naked so be real.  I am against drunk driving.  Maybe the judge released the video to give Randy a WAKE UP call.  Plus, I am not a country music fan but I liked his voice.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

Randy is not capable of driving today.  He can barely walk and can barely speak.