Respected Contributor

Re: Remember Mary Kay Letourneau?

Big whoop dee doo. So what if she did marry the boy she abused? That really doesn't change anything. She is a convicted pedophile and as such she should remain on the sx offender registry for as long as the law stipulates. Her marriage is irrelevant. Would we be having this conversation now if she was a man???

Valued Contributor

What if it was reversed and it was an older man with a younger woman. Would that creep anyone out? Why don't they interview Woody Allen who married his own adopted daughter?

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 TaxyLady said:

What if it was reversed and it was an older man with a younger woman. Would that creep anyone out? Why don't they interview Woody Allen who married his own adopted daughter?

Woody Allen and Soon-yi Previn have both been interviewed in the past.

And yes, an old guy being with an underage girl does "creep me out".

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Shaunac said:
On 4/8/2015 Free2be said:

I was wondering about her last week, if they were still together and how they were getting on.

Does anyone know when the interview will air?

Friday, 10 p.m. ET on ABC.

T/Y!

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 TaxyLady said:

They probably are in need of money. Maybe that is why they are doing the interview. Anyway, I don't think their lives could be happy ones because it is based on sin. But, Jesus paid for their sin and they are forgiven, so we must forgive them too.

There is no need to forgive her. Would you put this fox in the hen house with your child or grand son?

She is a pedophile.

Respected Contributor

She stole the end of his childhood and his adolescence even if he did think he was a willing participant.

I do feel that there are other teachers who have done far worse with no affection whatsoever, just using children for gratification. It doesn't minimize what Mary Kay did but their story is unusual.

No one comes through that into adulthood without scars.

Esteemed Contributor

There have been a lot of woman teachers in the Los Angeles area brought up on charges this year. None have married their victims though.

Valued Contributor

I was just reading the story of a FEMALE Catholic school teacher/basketball coach last night charged with 30 counts of statutory rape...

Some of the comments were interesting "" I bet the student was high fived to death"".... etc..

IF that was a man they would be calling for his head...

I am really sick of double standards ...

http://www.silive.com/westshore/index.ssf/2014/12/camera_shy_megan_mahoney_ex-gy.html

This is NOT the article with the comments..Just the court appearance...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 RainCityGirl said:

There is no reason at all for these two to keep cropping up in the media every three or four years. What is Barbara Walter's problem? Is she that hard up for an interview? Worse yet, WHY do these two continue to parade themselves before the camera?

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I thought Walters had retired. I agree, this story has had its day and doesn't need to be dragged out again years later.

Respected Contributor

When I was in school in the fifties and sixties, this would have been unheard of, even unimaginable.

So what happened? Somehow barriers fell away in the minds of certain types. You can cover all of it with the one Pedophilia label but the fact that the numbers of incidents has multiplied to the point we are rarely shocked anymore must tell something about current society.

Mary Kay had a good upbringing though her parents had issues, don't most? She loved being a teacher, was good at it, then it went awry for her need of affection and it's misplaced target. Really sad the destruction that ensued.

Is a pervasive loneliness at the core of this kind of abuse? People who don't see what they are doing, so majorly self-involved. Really sick stuff. If only people had the mental and emotional tools necessary to stop and think before acting.