Super Contributor

Re: Remains found may be Hannah Graham

So very sad and tragic. Poor girl. Her parents must be totally heartbroken with this news.

Honored Contributor

Heartbreaking is the only word that fits. If kids feel they have to drink a lot to have fun why isn't there a "designated chaperone" like a designated driver, who assumes responsibility for being certain that very intoxicated young people don't go off alone? Drinking too much shouldn't place ANYONE at risk for such steep consequences.
Esteemed Contributor

I feel so sorry for her parents. I can't imagine the agony they are going through. I have read that this guy was kicked out of not one but 2 different schools after being accused of assault.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

OMGosh, how I preach about never being anywhere alone.

Honored Contributor

I guess when we are that young we think we will live forever and don't think something like this can ever happen to us. I can't understand why this guy was on the streets?? So tragic.

Super Contributor

I can't understand why this young girl was on the streets alone at 1 AM and later!

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 wookie said: This is a local story for us. I hope it's her, so her poor family can put her to rest. The suspect has been linked through DNA to other crimes in the area, including one murder. There could be others, as well.

from what I have read, quite a few are still missing. I have a feeling they will also be linked to Matthews in time.

just awful.

Honored Contributor

I have been heartsick by the disappearance of this lovely young woman and now am fractured emotionally by an ending that I feared was coming. Her loss, that of Morgan Harrington (who was murdered five years ago yesterday) and the disappearance and deaths of other young women in the vicinity of Route 29 in Virginia make me want to cry. (Actually, I have shed many a tear over this case the last several weeks, and I bet I'm not alone.)

I pray for strength for the family and friends of Hannah Graham. May the lovely child rest in peace.

[My thought is that from what I've seen and heard of the families of Hannah and Morgan, these girls truly could not conceive of another human being wreaking such violence as was inflicted upon them. Their parents -- especially their father, from whom most women get their first lesson of how a man treats a woman -- are gentle, soft-spoken, rational people. When you come from a rational and kind world, no matter how much you are alerted to cruelty out there, you really do not have any idea that such violence exists when you are first going into the world on your own.]

Honored Contributor

This is just so sad, although not unexpected after all this time.

I feel so sad for her family and loved ones.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Very very sad ending.