Honored Contributor

Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Chart. FDA

1987611C-E2F4-4779-AE8A-CC19FB6585AD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Chart. FDA

@Mindy D -

Thanku! Nice chart to have!

I'm surprised at the limited time for opened lunch meat.

Also, I always wondered why do hard boiled eggs not last as long as raw in shells.

And my mother has frozen dinner things in the freezer for probably a year-but the expiration date is still current. So I wonder about that. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

well, i have to say that according to this chart i break all the rules, but i am happy to say that i am still alive to say it. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mindy D -

Thanku! Nice chart to have!

I'm surprised at the limited time for opened lunch meat.

Also, I always wondered why do hard boiled eggs not last as long as raw in shells.

And my mother has frozen dinner things in the freezer for probably a year-but the expiration date is still current. So I wonder about that. 

@on the bay @You won't get sick if you eat food frozen too long, it just might not be as tasty.

Esteemed Contributor

That trick for freezing eggs is the best ever.  Think it came a different board and I always have some now.