Honored Contributor

I was in a "country store" today, only store in a wealthy suburb and it does have the feel of a country store. On my way to the register I spotted Reed's, blast from the past and I had to get some.

I remember my Mom always buying me Reed's when I would ask for them as a kid. Today I bought the cinnamon. They had cinnamon, butterscotch, and root beer. I definitely have to get more, they're as good as I remember.

They're now made by a company called Iconic Candy in Great Neck NY. Originally made by the Reed's Candy Company in Chicago. Founded in 1893 by William and Eugene Reed.

I also like that they're individually wrapped.

nassau-hobbs-dobbs-candy-reeds-cinnamon-roll.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I remember getting them in Root Beer flavor. Didin't they sometimes have them in vending machines?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

The root beer were my favorites.  I have not thought about them in a long time.  

Glad they are still made.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I loved the root beer and butterscotch flavors!!!!  There were many tasty treats in the candy store. 

Honored Contributor

I remember the root beer also.

Honored Contributor

I used to love the root beer and cinnamon!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Remember root beer barrels? I think those are still made. My favorite in the grocery aisle was the pink Canada mints. I ate way too much sugar back then.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite were the Root Beer 😊

Valued Contributor

My favorites were the Winto-green. Loved them!  They don't make them anymore.  The Rootbeer and Cinnamon are not as strong as they used to be.  The size is smaller - size of a penney compared to the old nickel size.  Sad.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reed's Candy

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Remember root beer barrels? I think those are still made. My favorite in the grocery aisle was the pink Canada mints. I ate way too much sugar back then.

@Greeneyedlady21 ,  are you familiar with Claim Jumper restaurants?   They have the root beer barrels on the counter when you leave.  I'm always shocked my grandchildren aren't interested in them.