Esteemed Contributor

Recs for a good Canadian pharmacy

I know this has been discussed previously, but I'm hoping someone can offer a recommendation for a Canadian pharmacy where they have ordered.

My health insurance no longer covers the cost of the drug I take and I'm sick of paying hundreds of dollars. 

I found Universal Drugs of Canada, but if anyone has other thoughts, please share.

Just got a new prescription today and decided it was time to make the leap.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Recs for a good Canadian pharmacy

@Witchy Woman

Heres a great thread from.

June 9 2016

in the Wellness forum:

::

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Canadian-Pharmacy-Recommendations/td-p/2856278/highlight/true

Canadian Pharmacy Recommendations

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for digging that up.  That must be where I saw Universal drugs mentioned.

Appreciate your effort!

Esteemed Contributor

I've ordered Amoxil 500 mg for sinus infections.  Doc won't give script until I have full blown infection - so I ordered this to fight the infection in the early stage.

Online Pharmacy    securetabstock.com

(secure tab stock)

Lots of medications are listed and you can choose the number of pills/tabs you want.

Hope you find a solution!

Respected Contributor

@WitchyWoman ...I have ordered from canadapharmacy(dot)com. You need a prescription for what you are ordering, but Canada has generics for some medications that are not generic yet in the U.S.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@Yardlie

I ended up ordering from Canada Pharmacy.  They had the best price for what I needed.

Called and talked with a rep and faxed my scrip.  Could not have been easier.  They have a referral program, where they give a discount to you and the person referring, but since I saw the info here, it was unlikely I could provide a name in a timely fashion.

I will keep that in mind for the future, however!

Will mail a check to them for the cost.  They take AmEX, (which I don't have), but said they would take a check. 

The 90 supply was a fraction of what I would pay for in the US.  There is no generic for one of the drugs and it was going to $400 or more here.

Honestly, I just don't get it.  I pay a lot for my health insurance and I don't mind doing so, but what's the point if they cannot come through on drug costs?

Thanks for all the info ladies.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt

You know, you hear so much about all the drugs people get, but any time I've needed anything, I've had to show up in person at the doctor's office and ASK for things.

Sorry you have to wait until you are sick to get the meds you need.

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Esteemed Contributor

I use to use Canadian Drugs.com

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition

@Yardlie

Just checked my info and it is Canada Drugs, not Canada Pharmacy.  Apologize for my mistake.

I checked several places and all of them had prices much less than CVS Caremark, which is the online pharmacy service my health plan uses.

They used to cover most things with a small copay, but that sure has changed over the years.  Too bad.

I take just one or two drugs, but that cost really adds up!

Honored Contributor

Canadian pharmacies are heavily regulated just like those in the US.  I never heard of a bad one.  It's not like Canada is a third world country.  Now Mexico I'd question.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment