Honored Contributor

Received notification for 2nd COVID shot (day & time)

I also received instructions for something V-Safe.  It's on your smart phone.  You register for it.  Looks complicated, Not sure if I'll do it.  It's to monitor you in case your side effects go off the charts.  I don't remember it for the 1st shot.  Anybody do this?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Received notification for 2nd COVID shot (day & time)

Yes, I did V Safe.  Simple as can be.  Each time they text you and ask you to check in, they send a link and ask about 5 yes or no questions. I felt it was important. They're gathering information on side effects.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Not complicated at all.  Once you set it up, they text you that is time to check in, then ask if you've had any symptoms. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I echo the others.  It's very easy to set up and use.

They text you a link for a few days immediately after your inoculation to answer a few questions about any possible side effects you may be experiencing.  (It comes the same time every day so you can know it's legitimate.)

After about the first week of daily texts, you get another once a week with just a couple general questions about how you feel.  (Multiple choice.)

I'm only out slightly more than a month after my second shot so I don't know how long the weekly questionnaire continues.

I also felt it was important to report any information since this is such a new and massive undertaking.

Trusted Contributor

It's easy to start up and have it set to maintain contact and only asks a few questions each time. All questions are just a tap to answer, no fill-in typing. After the second shot the follow up is for 6 weeks. 

It's not complicated, it helps gather statistics on side effects, and I didn't find it intrusive or difficult. 

Valued Contributor

@songbird 

V-safe is a registered CDC tracking program for your symptoms and comments. I participated for both my Pfizer injections. My last check in was earlier this month at the 6 week post 2nd shot. 

Respected Contributor

I did V-Safe too and agree it was very easy.  I signed up when I received the first vaccine and it just continued through the second.  I’m past being fully vaccinated by a couple months and I don’t get anymore texts from them (plus I never had any side effects to report). 

Esteemed Contributor

I did V safe for both my injections. The more info they have, the better they can perfect the boosters if necessary
Honored Contributor

Praying their isn't, 2 is enough. Didn't want to do them in first place, but, went ahead and working on getting it over with.

don't know what is coming down the road and I want to be able to show my vaccination card (passport)? and right now it's free. May not be later.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've had both shots.  We've done "VSafe".  Once we got accustomed to it, it wasn't that complicated.  We believe it's important for the future of all vaccines.