Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GRACIE      This is one case where a photo would have been invaluable.  The vast majority of us have no idea as to what a "reborn" doll is

Yeah, but not everyone knows how to post a picture being relatively new. Maybe post one yourself since you were interested enough to do your own search. 

That said, I knew what she was talking about. 

Honored Contributor
I found a reborn babydoll at the Goodwill and I gave it to my three year-old granddaughter. She looks brand new. I paid $2.25. I am thinking she was part of someone’s collection because she was in such good condition.
Honored Contributor
I think that is a wonderful, loving emotional attachment to give them
Honored Contributor

B24476C8-00A2-49A3-A3F7-C317BB1C569E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I have 4-5 dolls that I have stored in a bin in the garage along with my childhood Barbie. One of the dolls is a Royal Doulton in a white dress and a white winter hooded cape with small feathering, and a muff. My husband (who died 2 years ago) bought it for me for our 1st anniversary. We were married in January and I wore a white dress with marabou at the sleeves, a white hooded cape trimmed in marabou, and a white muff with my flowers attached. Others are Madame Alexander and a Shirley Temple from my mother.

Valued Contributor

@september @Thanks for the picture,it 's either a Aston Drake or Paradise gallery dolls.They are mass produce, and  when you get dolls that are mass produce, you may receive a doll that's of very poor quality. Complaints from Bad Hair,to dolls falling apart in a couple of weeks.Some doll artist will buy these dolls and remake them.The difference when they reborn is like dtay and night.

For those who are interested,  google  Etsy reborn dolls.That being said, not all independent doll reborn artist dolls are realistic, from bad coloring, to mess up hair rooting,etc.

Research the artist,check their reviews,sent emails to the artist with any questions.Buyer beware!

Esteemed Contributor

I have dolls all over the house--can't sit in the living room. I never heard of the reborn doll-alittle too expensive for me. I started with HSN years ago and really haven't bought any in years. I have cats real and not so I have them scattered all over. I am afraid to count. DH put up shevels when we moved here.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The first segment on this Dr. Phil show is about reborn dolls.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXwH_drj8lU

“Dr Phil S17E130 (March 30, 2019) || What happened with her????“