Honored Contributor
On 2/1/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 2/1/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/1/2015 lizzief said: Ford, great news! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how the search as coming! Hopefully you will hear soon! It sounds like a great community, and if they are that careful about checking backgrounds, you will have piece of mind knowing that your neighbors had to pass the muster too! Good luck!

Believe it or not, a good friend of my daughter lives on the opposite side of the same building. He also has the same type of apartment. He loves it there. The property manager told us they have had tenants who have been living there since the community was new! I believe it. We've seen it often of course, just driving by all these years, but never gave it a thought.

Also, the salon my daughter worked in before she became ill is in the adjacent shopping center (lots of trees between), so it already feels like "home" to her.

Ford - Wow! This sounds like it was meant to be! Oh I do so hope so!!

Me too! My daughter would be so happy and I would love to see her smile again. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I'll hold my thumbs for you. (In German, "ich druecke Dir die Daumen."

Is that what they do in Germany? Very cute! I know what "ich" means because of what Kennedy said in German that meant "I am a Berliner!"

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Ford I had been keeping up with your story & I will pray that you have found the right place. Lord knows sounds like you have tried everything in the book so here is wishing you the best for you & your daughter.

Keep us posted.

Diamonds22

Honored Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Diamonds22 said:

Ford I had been keeping up with your story & I will pray that you have found the right place. Lord knows sounds like you have tried everything in the book so here is wishing you the best for you & your daughter.

Keep us posted.

Diamonds22

I will find out tomorrow after 11 AM EST. I just wish the property manager hadn't given us so much hope. When we left we had just about accepted that we would not qualify because they go back ten years on the credit and the paperwork says it has to be perfect. Then I spoke to her over the weekend and she gave me all the positives and said not to automatically think they will turn us down if they find anything negative on our credit. So now we will be more disappointed than ever if we get rejected.

I received another "automatic email" from the first realtor we were working with exclusively this morning. It was about sales and mortgages!! I got angry and sent her an email back telling her to take us off that automatic list, and that I really don't think she has the time for us. In a whole month she showed us one house that was a disaster in a town that was not even on our list. We were ten minutes early for the appointment and she was 20 minutes late with some really stupid excuses.

I will probably not hear back from her because that's probably what she's been wanting. I don't know why she called in the first place. There are two other realtors we applied to, they are brothers who work together and said they get great results. So far, nothing from them either.

Thank you for your good wishes, Diamonds.

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

Ford, do you and your daughter know your credit score? You can get it free online at credit karma dot com. Unless you have broken leases, foreclosures, a bankruptcy or an arrest record, why would you be so concerned about not passing the background check?

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Cattitude said:

Ford, do you and your daughter know your credit score? You can get it free online at credit karma dot com. Unless you have broken leases, foreclosures, a bankruptcy or an arrest record, why would you be so concerned about not passing the background check?

You know, cattitude, I wrote a long response to your post about my FICO score, which I have already said is in the "good" category, and my credit, and then deleted it. I know about FICO scores and keep closely in touch with mine. This corporation does not even look at a FICO score. They look deeply into ten years of credit, and it has to be perfect (per the paperwork, not the property manager). If yours is perfect, then kudos to you and every other individual on this BB who can say they have had "perfect" credit for the last ten years.

As far as why am I concerned? Are you never concerned when someone is judging you?

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Here is an analogy I have noticed over the years about individuals who are applying for anything . . . a job, a mortgage loan, a car loan, being accepted at a college . . . in other words anything where one is being "judged."

I've been watching American Idol this year (so far) and have noted that the contestants who think they are the greatest have the least amount of talent, while the contestants who are sweating it out have the most amount of talent.

Interesting idiosyncrasy, don't you think?

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor
We use a rental management to rent a multi unit property for us. You may be lucky to get a first floor unit somewhere that is large enough for your needs, or, perhaps a side by side first floor set of units. Good Luck and lots of patience !
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/1/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I'll hold my thumbs for you. (In German, "ich druecke Dir die Daumen."

Is that what they do in Germany? Very cute! I know what "ich" means because of what Kennedy said in German that meant "I am a Berliner!"

Yes, and a interesting side note... When JFK said that, he literally said "I am A donut....ich bin EIN Berliner." Because a "Berliner" is actually a kind of very delicious cream filled donut. Smiley Happy He should have said, "Ich bin Berliner." (without the "ein"). But everyone knew his intent and loved him for it. Smiley Happy Can you imagine what they would do with an.error like that in today's world? Smiley Wink But, I don't mean to sidetrack your thread. Still holding my thumbs for you!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

You are still in my thoughts, Ford. At least you don't have Toolbelt Red banging away as you wait.