Honored Contributor

I waited, figuring that it was the mail, or maybe got lost in the mail, but a small Esty order came in on Sat.  So maybe some of those things we were waiting on, are finally filtering in to be given to their delivery areas.  I just waited, after all the talk about the mail being messed up.  Good news!!  The message on the bottom of my small package, actually said, get into the mail Nov. 30, 2020.  So.......sender tried.  

Trusted Contributor

Your post gives me hope for something I had ordered on November 15th.

I ordered a personalized ornament with my puppies on it from a small company on November 15th and I have yet to receive it.  Part of me believes I was scammed (other customers have said the same), but another part of me thinks that the problems within the mailing system are the reason why.  Hopefully I will get the ornament and be able to use it... next Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

Your post gives me hope for something I had ordered on November 15th.

I ordered a personalized ornament with my puppies on it from a small company on November 15th and I have yet to receive it.  Part of me believes I was scammed (other customers have said the same), but another part of me thinks that the problems within the mailing system are the reason why.  Hopefully I will get the ornament and be able to use it... next Christmas.

@Grade1Teach   Have you contacted the company to let them know that you haven't received your item yet?  Have they given you a tracking number?  If you let them know they may be able to file for a refund through USPS and refund you, or you can file for a refund through your credit card company.

I have an Etsy shop and still have two packages out there undelivered from the middle of last month.  I make custom signs so I really don't want the items back since they have been customized and I can't resell them. 

One package has been found and the address has been determined to be "undeliverable" whatever that means.  I have sent many messages both through the Etsy system as well as emails to my customer who never responds.  I hope they are okay and wish the package would be left at their home.

The other package has not been found yet so I filed a claim.  My customer prefers a new sign made rather than a refund which of course is more work for me. I told her to give it another week....fingers crossed that it is found but if I do make a new one I will ship it FedEx.

Hope your package is found!

Honored Contributor

USPS is very erratic right now

I sent packages to Hawaii, and WY they both were delivered in the priority window, the others on the east coast are delayed.

still backups , it's going to take a while,

I am letting buyers know,  Mail is inconsistent, but I am shipping xxx day 

I also get text message updates for everything sent out 

Honored Contributor

I ordered something from the Q on December 29th and was delighted when it "shipped" just two days later.

I shouldn't have tempted fate.  It made it to Connecticut on January 5th and then disappeared into the ether.  All that it says now is a message posted on the 7th that it "may be delayed" and "adjusting delivery plans".

What exactly does that mean?  It will be interesting to see if it ever arrives.  In the past 10 days we've been receiving mail that should've been here by mid-December or earlier.  Things that by now are completely out-of-date.

Clearly, things have been stockpiled somewhere and only now are being processed.  I suppose it's better than them being tossed, but I've also received packages damaged so badly the contents were ruined.

We can only hope that by maybe June things will begin to normalize.  Maybe?

Respected Contributor

I have moved to pay by phone to pay my bills after being charged several late fees for payments made as soon as a statement was received.  Several payments then ended up as duplicates that I paid by phone because the origianal payment finally showed up.   Post Office is still way behind even after the Holiday rush I guess.

I don't want to start banking on line so I'm pay by phone until mail delivery gets back on track.

Honored Contributor

And people are surprised that the covid vaccine distribution is a mess?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

One big mess. And too  many stories to tell.  All I know it would be easier to go directly to the source and bring it home.  

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 

There are a few pieces to this puzzle.  FIrst of all, I bought this through a company on fb.  It looked legit, but of course now I don't think it was.  Although it has many wonderful reviews, the most recent reviews are from people who think they were scammed.  Others who thought they were scammed ended up getting their orders, but many weeks later.

I have a tracking number, but it shows its last movement was December 8th.  I have no idea where it is and it doesn't show me anything.  I'm wondering if I have a fake tracking number.

The company can only be contacted through email (I know- I'm an idiot) and they do reply, but it's always with the standard "due to Covid" answer. 

If it takes another month to get here, I wouldn't really care.  I just don't want to believe that I was scammed, although I'm sure I was.  Lesson learned.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach If I were you I would try one more time to message this company...if they don't respond within a reasonable amount of time I would get in touch with my CC company and do a chargeback...get your money back!