Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I started a thread about this on another forum when I first noticed the rankings, out of curiosity.  Now I wish I hadn't.  But there have been many threads and posts covering the whole spectrum of feelings about it.  I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores of it anymore, as I said, but I just have to question, if people truly don't care, then why do so many continue to post and ridicule and question and challenge the whole concept?  That's all...

Additional to your valid point, I've wondered what makes some people think anyone ever asked what they care about.    

My advice to anyone who does not know the answer to a question--any question--is to listen and learn.  "I don't know and I don't care," is a show of both ignorance and belligerence.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ratings....

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

I started a thread about this on another forum when I first noticed the rankings, out of curiosity.  Now I wish I hadn't.  But there have been many threads and posts covering the whole spectrum of feelings about it.  I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores of it anymore, as I said, but I just have to question, if people truly don't care, then why do so many continue to post and ridicule and question and challenge the whole concept?  That's all...

Additional to your valid point, I've wondered what makes some people think anyone ever asked what they care about.    

My advice to anyone who does not know the answer to a question--any question--is to listen and learn.  "I don't know and I don't care," is a show of both ignorance and belligerence.

Shoekitty said

My opinion is they DO care. Everyone cares inside.  I myself don't care for the concept of ratings without rules. If we are  given an explanation, then we know what we have to achieve, why, it is done.etc   I think rating posters witthout explanations can present feelings of alienation, and not being included. For many it can dredge up old wounds.

I have also noticed many who say they don't care or notice rankings, have really high ranking.  LOL!  But, it is what it is.  One day the moderators will write down exactly what the system is.  Until then, we have no choice but to enjoy the company of one another LOL!  I am really having fun with posting here, and enjoy so many posters!

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I just got a notice that I'm "esteemed."  Since so much has been said about these designations and there's a sort of unfortunate undercurrent of shaming and mockery going on (even though we have no control over the so-called "ranking") I think the levels serve absolutely no purpose and I do wish the PTB would just remove them.

Hey dBd, congrats!  I can tell you're thrilled.  But you deserve it, you're always helping other posters.  😉

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I just got a notice that I'm "esteemed."  Since so much has been said about these designations and there's a sort of unfortunate undercurrent of shaming and mockery going on (even though we have no control over the so-called "ranking") I think the levels serve absolutely no purpose and I do wish the PTB would just remove them.

Ah, you deserve the esteemed title. You have taught so many of us how to navigate these new forums and I for one appreciate it immensely.  Thanks for always trying to make these forums a better place to post and have fun.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I Don't pay any attention to them.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
There was ONE person who was "trusted". I guess the rest of us are untrustworthy. Talk about divisive.

There are several "trusted" contributors here. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Maybe this is just another one of those "hidden meaning" posts.  Woman Frustrated

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

When they get to the last one what are they going to then...

very, very very, very very very, very very very very......

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Ratings....

[ Edited ]

@foundinlv

They can call those posters "Grasshopper" when they get to the end.hahahaha

What are the catagories now?

Respected Contributor

I would like to know what these categories mean and what they are based on.  Especially since they aren't completely tied to the number of posts.

Valued Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:
There was ONE person who was "trusted". I guess the rest of us are untrustworthy. Talk about divisive.

There are several "trusted" contributors here. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Maybe this is just another one of those "hidden meaning" posts.  Woman Frustrated

The post you quoted is from a month ago.  I think at the point it was written, she probably had only noticed one "trusted" contributor.  Now we have Respecteds and Esteemeds running around all over the place.  Just notice how people on this thread have ranked up several times since they initially complained about not being "valued" etc.  People certainly get promoted fast around here.  Maybe in a year's time we will all be Exalted, and maybe the fuss will finally calm down?  (Not counting on it!)  Smiley LOL

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."