Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me how to sign in without using Google or Facebook to bypass the email access w/Google or Facebook?

they give 3 options:

continue with:

Google

Facebook

or 

Email

If I use my email which is gmail, is that the same as Google, won't they still have access if I use gmail too.  I also received a "Link your Email", whatever that means??

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Can someone tell me how to sign in without using Google or Facebook to bypass the email access w/Google or Facebook?

they give 3 options:

continue with:

Google

Facebook

or 

Email

If I use my email which is gmail, is that the same as Google, won't they still have access if I use gmail too.  I also received a "Link your Email", whatever that means??

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

@skittles2 : I was asking myself the same question. Here’s a simple explanation l found:

“The main difference between Google Account and Gmail Account is that Google Account allows the user to access a variety of services provided by Google while Gmail Account allows the user to manage an individual's emails.Jun 22, 2018”

I think the short answer to your last question is yes, b/c Gmail is part of your Google account. The privacy problem is a real concern for me, too. I wouldn’t do “Link your Email,” though.  

I don’t know if ordering through the Rakuten/Ebates app is any better, but that’s what l’ll continue to do. Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

WOW!  That is horrifying and outrageous!

@ItsME @skittles2 

There are other variations.  If you have Facebook, they have access every one of your email contacts.