Trusted Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you're tired of snow!!!!

Is it snowing in New York City? Are airports open? Airplanes flying? Anyone know? My son is supposed to fly back to Cali today. Curious and worried.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Occasional Contributor

UH, don't assume everyone has the same weather. It has been in the 80s here{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

Im tired of Winter period. lol.

This morning was minus 7 with wind chills of 30 below zero. Now its 11 degrees with wind chills well below zero. Snow last night is blowing around due to high winds.

Such is life in Northeast USA.

But it could be worse, I could be in MA instead of PA.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I feel almost guilty complaining since the people in NE are just getting clobbered over and over and over again. But, it is quite tiresome. And this cold is fierce! I have shoveled 3 times in the last couple of days and I understand we will be getting some more today. My poor back is really suffering!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Beyond being extremely inconvenient-this weather is dangerous. Roofs collapsing, people and pets getting hypothermia, car accidents, slip and falls, plus the cost of keeping your home warm. The city is running thru their money on salt and plows. Whew! Please everyone stay safe!

Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 2/15/2015 PurpleBunny said: Frickin BOTH HANDS UP AND FEET TOO. Ten FEET of snow in 35 days.

We have you beat here in the Chicago area PurpleBunny. It snowed non-stop on Feb. 1st and 2nd (I believe tose were the dates) and I had at least 14 inches of snow on my street. Still looking at some of it, lol. But, I'm thanking God I'm not in any of the New England areas that are getting zonked almost non-stop right now. Next year, I won't have to go out in the mess.

You don't have me beat, I'm in Massachusetts. I can't even see out the windows anymore. Trust me, 14" is a dusting- lol! ETA ... I just read you misread my post. Lol.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 guatmum said:
On 2/15/2015 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 2/15/2015 PurpleBunny said: Frickin BOTH HANDS UP AND FEET TOO. Ten FEET of snow in 35 days.

We have you beat here in the Chicago area PurpleBunny. It snowed non-stop on Feb. 1st and 2nd (I believe tose were the dates) and I had at least 14 inches of snow on my street. Still looking at some of it, lol. But, I'm thanking God I'm not in any of the New England areas that are getting zonked almost non-stop right now. Next year, I won't have to go out in the mess.

I think you misread PB's post - that's 10 FEET of snow. I must live near her because we have the same amount with almost 2 more feet falling today. I've got to dig myself out our back door because it's completely covered. And now they're talking about more "plowable" snow on Tuesday and possibly next weekend - UGH! I'm going out to clear my driveway right now but will most likely do it again tomorrow due to the high wind. I have other paths to do and my roof (which now has about 3 feet on it, though I cleared it last week) but will wait until tomorrow when the wind chill isn't double digits below zero. Spring WILL come, spring WILL come, spring WILL come . . .

Lol! I see now, yes I think she thought I was saying 10" - lol! Thanks quatmum for helping me explain.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/15/2015 madcity411 said:

What amazes me, is when they show the Boston, and New York areas, people using just shovels to remove snow! With all the snow they get all time, why don't more people have snow blowers? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Because they're expensive and have other important bills to pay?

And not everyone has a place to store them.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 happy2write4u said:

Wow! We haven't had that kind of accumulation. I'll raise my hands and feet for you. Stay warm and safe.

Thanks happy, we've been lucky so far and don't have any water leakage or pipe damage ... Knock on wood!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor