Esteemed Contributor

Raining again...It's enough already!

I'm in the Maryland area and we have had rain so often, I cannot remember the last completely dry day.  Of course, it's better than forest fires!

The last few days there  were flash floods and people trapped on roadways in their cars.  Water filling the runoff areas at an alarming rate.  Frightening.

I know it's just rain, but every time we have these downpours, I wish there was an extensive system to funnel the rain to places that need it!  Like the Roman acqueducts Cat LOL

I know it sounds silly, but good heavens, we are drenched over and over and other areas are parched.

Add to that the heat and humidity and it makes for a pretty uncomfortable summer.

I know I'm whining now, so I will stop Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Raining again...It's enough already!

What is rain ? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I hear you, @Witchy Woman! I'm in the St. Louis area and it seems like we can hardly go two days without any rain - not just rain, but thunderstorms and downpours. All of our rivers here, including the Mississippi and Missouri are still way too high and the ground is saturated! The only good thing is that I haven't had to drag out the hose to water my baskets and flower pots! I just saw a weather map of your area and can see that you're getting it again today.

Respected Contributor

Can I trade you?😲 We're in our hot season now...UGH and I do not do well with even warm weather....It's been in the upper 80's and I got so sick yesterday I threw up...I have a fan and window a/c.. None of our businesses have a/c....or most anyway.. Stay safe.

RECHARGING MYSELF .jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I grew up in a small Illinois town on the banks of the Mississippi...levees were always almost flooding.  A few years back they did flood down around Colombia and Waterloo.

The summer's there are hot and humid, too...I was happy to move East when I was young, but, unfortunately, our weather is just about the same as St. Louis.  Hot, humid, wet...Cat LOL  

All the good stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite 

So sorry you were sick!  Heat will do that to you.

Everything in this area has AC....we couldn't manage without it unless you want to be sweaty all the time and have the house feel like a steam bath.

Gotta have central AC to keep the house dry!

Summer is not my favorite season...I'd like to move someplace that has no summer, but then, you normally have too much cold!

It can't last forever.  At least we hope not.

Take care of yourself!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I'm in the Maryland area and we have had rain so often, I cannot remember the last completely dry day.  Of course, it's better than forest fires!

The last few days there  were flash floods and people trapped on roadways in their cars.  Water filling the runoff areas at an alarming rate.  Frightening.

I know it's just rain, but every time we have these downpours, I wish there was an extensive system to funnel the rain to places that need it!  Like the Roman acqueducts Cat LOL

I know it sounds silly, but good heavens, we are drenched over and over and other areas are parched.

Add to that the heat and humidity and it makes for a pretty uncomfortable summer.

I know I'm whining now, so I will stop Cat Happy

We have had a very wet spring and moderately wet summer but nothing like you folks down south. The good news is the grass is really, really green Woman Happy and I haven't had to use the sprinklers yet. My pocketbook is so happy. Water is so very expensive here yet we are surrounded by lakes. Weird, isn't it?

dee

ETA: The water levels are at an all time high here so boaters are having troubles. Yesterday a fellow took a date out on his boat and he fell overboad, stranding his date. Talk about a bad date! Coast guard got to him, thank God.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: Rainit rain, and rain and rain some more. from October to June,ing again...It's enough already!

[ Edited ]

i am in California and for the last 5 years or more we dreamed of rain.  omg, I forgot what it was like. trees were suffering, houses looked dull, gardens died or struggled.   This year it poured from mid October to June.  we had many storms, flooding and problems from rain.  I have to say by mid May I was really whining.  We couldn't plan for anything, or do late winter early spring plantings as it was still cold.  we all were afraid to comment because we ad been in draught and felt we should be grateful. but it was dreary.  but I was grateful. everything looks so good.  plants that had died came back from seed or the roots.  my mom had tulips and bulb plants we hadnt seen in  3 years.i felt cooped up.  those endless gray days with little sun was depressing.  we recovered from draught by late February I think.  it is summer now, but the days aren't like they were once .  so many cloudy days.  then cool days, then hot.  June gloom is still here and it is July.  those are the overcast days till noon or one, then warm.. i did get some cukes in and one zucchinis, they are doing well.  but we put them in 2 weeks ago!  usually we have them in by April, and are eating them by June or now.

i was grateful for rain, but I had had enough.  I hear your pain.  it also coops one up in the house.  that can be depressing for outdoor and garden people like me!!!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Thanks 🤤....the weird thing was I turned my window a/c off and it kept going 😲..... some grunting sound...and I'm like "Oh my, now what!?".....I unplugged it....ok that sound stopped....but I had to plug it back in as was too warm......and there was that grunting/grinding sound.. So, I said to heck with it, let the thing blow up.....put my headphones on and music on high.....and took them off and the darn sound was gone! Phewww....

That was after I went to try to open a window, it sticks, had to lean way over a bunch of stuff on the floor, cords/cables, lost my balance and fell back, hitting the big clock, knocked it off the wall, and stepped right on my copy machine and broke the glass and it all to pieces.....🙄....

(I should have married Phil...I should have married Phil)....🥺

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Phoenix:   49 consecutive days with NO RAIN

♥Surface of the Sun♥