Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Good grief.  It's a tv show, not a restaurant.

With all the unsanitary cooking practices that I see on TV shows - would you want to eat in any of their kitchens or restaurants?  If they're doing it on TV, they are doing it in other kitchens too.

Honored Contributor

@I am appleblossom wrote:

Rachael Ray needs to contain her hair when she is working in the kitchen.  Swishing it back is not the answer.  I would not want to eat whatever she cooked.

@I am appleblossom   This has always been a pet peeve of mine with RR.  Her hair is a mess....who in the kitchen would not pull back their hair or at least put it in a nice bun?  She is so sloppy looking.  Including her clothes. Not my favorite vendor, but I might be in the minority here as she is so popular. 

Respected Contributor

Good grief is right!  I think we're a bit too paranoid about germs today. When I was little I watched my grandmother make meatloaf and she'd take a big scoop of the raw hamburger--like people do with cookie dough--and eat it!  She lived in an old farmhouse & cooked under less-than-sanitary conditions and she lived to be 100.  

Respected Contributor

And I must add that she was never sick a day in her life!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray

[ Edited ]

@phluphy wrote:

The food network needs to cancel that show...Rein her in!!  She is not the same, too loud and messy.  Never watch her show after one time.  They could take chopped off also, they played the show back to back...Bring in something new...

@phluphy: Oh no...not Chopped!!! Smiley Tongue  But, I do agree new programming is needed. But, no more competition shows. And, while I'm on my soapbox, the Food Network needs to widen its circle of hosts for shows. Seems they have only a chosen few who (each) have a gazillion shows!!! There are so many other talented chefs and cooks who could fill the bill. OK, I'm done. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden et al: I don't/can't watch RR, but happened to stop when she was on with David (who I adore) last night. Her constant interrupting and screaming seemed not only to annoy me, but the look on David's face told me he was annoyed as well. Why does QVC allow vendors to act like that?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray

[ Edited ]

Rachael Ray needs to be reined in in more ways than one. I used to like watching her until I began to notice just how often she talks over or interrupts her guests. She will ask a question and when they have gotten four words out in response, she constantly jumps right in over them and finishes their sentences or just talks...period. Look, I get it. It is her show, but if you know everything, don't bother inviting guests on at all. I cannot tell you how many times I have been interested in what a guest was saying, only to have Rachael totally interrupt them. A.D.D. is something I also have to work with in my own life, and Rachael seems to have either that or a serious control freak issue. And no, that is not acceptable just because she managed to become successful. Courtesy should still be observed around everyone, even if it is your show or business, etc.

As far as hygiene, she is really bad about it. I get it...we are all germaphobes these days, but we need to be. Today is not like back in grandma's day when their immune systems were frankly far more hardy. People get very sick from poor food handling practices these days, so anyone who promotes themselves as a food expert should also demonstrate all the proper techniques, from knife skills and kitchen safety to proper kitchen hygiene. People pick up "habits" from watching these shows, thinking that if the experts do it a certain way, then that is fine. Rachael wearing multiple rings while preparing food is the grossest of all. No, I would not want her preparing my food. And she needs to stop yelling like a cheerleader too. I WANT to hear what she has to say. She does not need to yell to keep my attention.

Honored Contributor

RR is annoying to watch, now.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@SeaMaiden et al: I don't/can't watch RR, but happened to stop when she was on with David (who I adore) last night. Her constant interrupting and screaming seemed not only to annoy me, but the look on David's face told me he was annoyed as well. Why does QVC allow vendors to act like that?

@pattypeep   If you watch her TV show... she does the same thing with her guests on the show.... she appears to be a very bossy and overwhelming personality. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

Rachael Ray needs to be reined in in more ways than one. I used to like watching her until I began to notice just how often she talks over or interrupts her guests. She will ask a question and when they have gotten four words out in response, she constantly jumps right in over them and finishes their sentences or just talks...period. Look, I get it. It is her show, but if you know everything, don't bother inviting guests on at all. I cannot tell you how many times I have been interested in what a guest was saying, only to have Rachael totally interrupt them. A.D.D. is something I also have to work with in my own life, and Rachael seems to have either that or a serious control freak issue. And no, that is not acceptable just because she managed to become successful. Courtesy should still be observed around everyone, even if it is your show or business, etc.

As far as hygiene, she is really bad about it. I get it...we are all germaphobes these days, but we need to be. Today is not like back in grandma's day when their immune systems were frankly far more hardy. People get very sick from poor food handling practices these days, so anyone who promotes themselves as a food expert should also demonstrate all the proper techniques, from knife skills and kitchen safety to proper kitchen hygiene. People pick up "habits" from watching these shows, thinking that if the experts do it a certain way, then that is fine. Rachael wearing multiple rings while preparing food is the grossest of all. No, I would not want her preparing my food. And she needs to stop yelling like a cheerleader too. I WANT to hear what she has to say. She does no to need to yell to keep my attention.

Ohmygosh, @ThinkOutsidetheBox , I totally agree.  Or as they're saying how to prepare their dish she interrupts and corrects them and tells them how she would do it/it should be done.